Not An Elan, But...

PostPost by: twincamman » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:36 pm

heres a pic of my europa being picked up prior to getting the car running and rewired --and it has a weber and a header --and makes 98 whole hp. - :shock: ---whooooow ----just after backing over an aged and corpulent pedestrian----ed
Attachments
IMG_2618.JPG and
Last edited by twincamman on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Serves him right for sleeping off his booze there! :wink:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:02 pm

given the great white north location , I'm thinking he was frozen to the ground and could not make a quick get-a-away - ( minus 30 yesterday)
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:20 am

I cant understand why anyone would settle a country like this with 3 feet of snow and a summer that is on a wednesday annually unless their horse died on the way to someplace warm ----Believe me the only thing that keeps me here is the free health system sometimes - -ed
Last edited by twincamman on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Seems to me that you're now back in GB so you will have to update your user profile sometime.
No doubt the Morris dancing there has proven to be an undeniable attraction :lol: :lol: :lol:

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:02 pm

An interesting write-up on the GKN...

http://47d.org/47d/might.html

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:51 pm

welll John --if I went back I would most likely have to go back to 1 st street in Alexandria where my Dad was born ---and wear a kilt ---A MANLY THING -[ but in snow with my short legs its a really manly thing ]- ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 pm

twincamman wrote:welll John --if I went back I would most likely have to go back to 1 st street in Alexandria where my Dad was born ---and wear a kilt ---A MANLY THING -[ but in snow with my short legs its a really manly thing ]- ed

Your Dad was born in Egypt? I'm sure that they wore skirts and had heads like hawks too. :wink:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:05 am

no no no its up by loch loman ----just a little west of where your thinkin ------where they catch the haggis ---mmmmm fresh caught haggis -----and hand fulls of uncooked oat meal ------may be Ill stay here and put up with the polar bears and snow after all --you know how to get perfect pitch on a bag pipe????when you throw in a dumpster and it hits an accordion ---YOU must -be thinking of the people over Wilmslow way with the eagle heeds and the skirts on the men they are all Morris dancer folks over there ---buckles on the shoes and rainbows everywhere ----you know I did find why its so difficult to solve a murder in Cheshire ---the DNA is all the same and there are no dental records --- :D --ed
Attachments
ATT527744.jpg and
Last edited by twincamman on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:08 am, edited 7 times in total.

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Wimbledon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Looks fantastic!
Wimbledon
New-tral

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:17 pm

D.J.Pelly wrote:Looking very good!

I hope you will be able to post more pictures of it in future.

Thanks
John

Hi John

Here is an update.

Beauregard and I had a long day yesterday, up at 3a.m. and out the door at 8:30, we returned home at 8:30 p.m. and then read a bit of mail and some topics on the forum and turned in for the evening. First stop was at Doe Orchards in Harvard to arrange for some cider apples for later in the afternoon. Then off to Carl?s to meet up with Bill and drop off some parts so he can fix the headlamp pod springs that were cut before he bought 36/7502. The boys stood around and BS's before lunch at Tiny's on the corner of routs 2A and 111. Steve was there and asked me if I had some parts for the project he's working on so I said I needed to see what he was talking about so after lunch we went to have a look.. The project is the GKN 47D and he?s got it to the point where a few more bits and it will be time for a shake down run. He asked me a dumb question "want to hear it run" so key on, twin fuel pumps clicking away, 3 or 4 pumps of the accelerator and start. Fired right up, what a sound that be right next to your left ear. While there I pulled out the pocket Olympus and took a couple of pictures as I thought that it would be a good time to update this topic. Steve was leaving for the afternoon so I went back to Carl?s and there was still a group there just as I left them. Seems no one had any thing pressing to do in the 40 degree weather so we talked a bit more an then Beau and I went apple picking, got around 300 pounds of drops, maybe a bit more. Beau ate 3 or 4 drops while I was picking. We then headed back to Carl?s for a bit of shop talk on Coventry Climax FWE engines and left there at 5:45 to go over to McCurdy?s to see a bit of progress on the turbo twin cam he is building for a customer and got a few photos of My alloy block. Beau was all tired out after a long day of running around the orchard, getting the slime ball and a swim in the beaver pond. At 7:00 I had seen enough and headed back to Scituate. Covered a bit of ground and saw a lot of folk that I hadn?t seen in a month or 5. So here are the pictures, some are pretty lame but I have no viewfinder any more on the camera so it?s a point and shoot, to be edited later.

garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:29 am

garyeanderson wrote:Then off to Carl?s to meet up with Bill and drop off some parts so he can fix the headlamp pod springs that were cut before he bought 36/7502. The boys stood around and BS's before lunch at Tiny's on the corner of routs 2A and 111.

Gary - Sorry I missed you and Beau, I am at a conference in Raleigh, North Carolina so Wednesday lunch would have been a long drive. It is a biological pharmaceuticals manufacturing conference, so no shortage of Brits in attendance. I had dinner with a few tonight and they enjoyed me telling them about Sir John Whitmore shaking down the GKN Special's owner's other mid-engined toy (Ford GT40, real at that) on Route 495 not far from where you had lunch. Hmmm, 170 mph in a 65 zone to make sure the front ride-height and damper settings were correct. Good to see the covers off the GKN Special, a sure sign that the vintage racing season is over in the Northeast. See you next week if you are around. Until I looked at your photos I had never noticed the CV joints in the GKN Special's rear axles. Given the Special's age these must have been among the new introductions that GKN wanted to showcase.
Russ
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Galwaylotus » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:43 am

Wimbledon wrote:Looks fantastic!

From the position of the reply are we to assume you're referring to the hair? :lol:
Mechanical Engineer, happily retired!

'67 S3 SE FHC

See Facebook page: W J Barry Photography

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Galwaylotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:11 am

Beau and I got out of the house yesterday. We took a drive in Beau's doghouse F250 (logged about 250 miles) and we went to Tiny's for lunch, beau didn't get to go but he stayed at Chris's shop and played guard dog at the door and waited for our return. I had the all you can eat fried fish lunch special and did just that, We were getting up and I got a 4th piece and carried it back It's a 200 yard walk and by the time I was back Beau got his piece albeit a bit smaller but he doesn't care he got some. Uncle Carl said he was going to take Nick over to the candy store for show and tell so a few of us headed down the road about a half a mile for a look see. It was about 55 degrees and the doors were open so we walked in the sound of a Coventry Climax on the dyno rollers at full chat filled our ears, Nick (elanner) had not been there before so we got to see some tasty stuff.
As we walked through the open door this Masser was just too inviting to not snap a couple quick pictures.
Masser.JPG and

Masser engine.JPG and

I walked in a bit further and Steve was working on something on the lift and I said hello. We didn't get into much of a conversation though as he was busy but he said take a look, "Pull it out if you want" as he saw me raising up the camera. I didn't but got some photos where it was.
GKN 47D rf.JPG and

GKN 47D front.JPG and

GKN 47D lf.JPG and

GKN 47D dash.JPG and

GKN 47D rear.JPG and

I opened the door to get an interior shot and its looking pretty sweet, Steve has done quite a lot since I saw it last time.
GKN 47D interior.JPG and

Steve said to open the engine bay but I couldn't figure out where the release was so he walked over and opened it and the boot to.
GKN 47D boot.JPG and

GKN 47D fengine bay.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:11 am

A couple more of the engine bay and boot
GKN 47D engine bay side.JPG and

GKN 47D engine bay side1.JPG and

GKN 47D boot1.JPG and

Steve and Nick come over at this point as I am taking a few more pictures and Steve says to Nick to "get in and start her up" So he does and she barks right to life and sound glorious.
GKN 47D engine nick starts her up.JPG and

By this time I think I have enough pictures of GKN47D so the door is open to the Dyno, Kind of neet to see a four wheel drive dyno with a Lotus Eleven and full boogey 1460 FWB sitting there so I get a few photos of it, James and John are chatting about old times.
Eleven rf on dyno left front.JPG and

Eleven rf on dyno back.JPG and

Eleven rf on dyno front.JPG and

we are just about to leave and Carl says to Nick, "Do you have a few more minutes?"
so we go up in the mezzanine for a quick look around. This Aston Martin body draws my attention so I got a couple photos, can anyone tell me what it is?
am body.JPG and

am body side.JPG and

poacha.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: