Not An Elan, But...

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 pm

torquespeak wrote:Hi all, I'm hunting for information on 'GKN 47D'. Does anyone know its current whereabouts? Would love to be put in touch with the current owner.

-Ed

I might see it at a local event this weekend. The current and previous owner tend to be circumspect about providing too much information as there have been a few attempts at cloning. The current and previous owner are not too keen on possibly eroding the value of the GKD 47D.
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: torquespeak » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:59 pm

CBUEB1771 wrote:
torquespeak wrote:Hi all, I'm hunting for information on 'GKN 47D'. Does anyone know its current whereabouts? Would love to be put in touch with the current owner.

-Ed

I might see it at a local event this weekend. The current and previous owner tend to be circumspect about providing too much information as there have been a few attempts at cloning. The current and previous owner are not too keen on possibly eroding the value of the GKD 47D.

Thanks for the quick reply. The reason I'd like to know where it is / who owns it, is that I'd like to try to put together something that significantly increases its profile. The car was written about a lot in period, but very little has appeared within the last decade or two.

In my experience, the more widely known the car and its ownership history are, the less likely a clone attempt is going to be (if people know which the real car is, it's much easier to discredit a faker).

In any case, please feel free to contact me on here or via PM if you do bump into the owner. Would be great to talk to them.

Many thanks.

-Ed
torquespeak
New-tral

PostPost by: pharriso » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: torquespeak » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:14 pm

That is so bizarre. I'm trying to track down the car and M?t? decides to run a story on it!

I'd still love to talk to the current owner, so if anyone can put me in touch it would be greatly appreciated.

-Ed
torquespeak
New-tral

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Unfortunately we did not see the GKN 47D last weekend nor was the owner present. I am quite sure it has been in the same family since the early 1980s. Look closely at the image at the Road & Track link posted by Phil.
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: torquespeak » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:23 pm

CBUEB1771 wrote:Unfortunately we did not see the GKN 47D last weekend nor was the owner present. I am quite sure it has been in the same family since the early 1980s. Look closely at the image at the Road & Track link posted by Phil.

It's just clicked that I've visited the website I need for the info. I hadn't quite realised the relevance of the person posting the old magazine story. Thanks!

-Ed
torquespeak
New-tral

Previous

Total Online: