original vs replica

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:01 pm

...................the good thing is fellas: we personally are not yet replicas, but original incl. the achieved patina, so why are we/you so particular when it comes to the choice between zero stock since 1980 and a good replica?when the new part is 100% functional and in many cases better than the 1960's original - why so much fuss sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:01 am

Puzzles me as well, as some of the same folks have no problems with having bodywork done to correct the ill-fitting doors, bonnets, boot lids, etc. Most of the restored vehicles are much better in form, fit and function than they were upon delivery. Are re-plated chrome parts original or reproduction?

As for that achieved patina, I'm with you Sandy and I still have most of my original parts.
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:30 am

doug- are you aalso referring to new hips, knees, heart components etc.. ........ and just for the smile: remember where hypnosis comes from? ..... from the hips! (mr tommy cooper)
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: KevJ+2 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:51 am

Bud English wrote:Puzzles me as well, as some of the same folks have no problems with having bodywork done to correct the ill-fitting doors, bonnets, boot lids, etc. Most of the restored vehicles are much better in form, fit and function than they were upon delivery. Are re-plated chrome parts original or reproduction?

As for that achieved patina, I'm with you Sandy and I still have most of my original parts.

I see you've changed your name though, Doug! :lol:
KevJ+2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: