Photo Attachment. How to do it?

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:01 pm

I have tried to help someone with my experience of wheel repairs. Unfortunately, he has asked for a photograph, and this is completely beyond me.

I don't own a camera or a phone, with the guidance of my wife I have taken some photographs with an I-pad. Can someone explain to me, in words of one syllable, how to post a photograph?

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanman999 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:08 pm

Richard,
give me a call and I'll explain.
Cheers
John
elanman999
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:25 am

If you mean posting a photo on this website, Jeff's tutorial is here:
questions-f20/tutorial-how-upload-photos-t27816.html
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:40 pm

John/Bill,

Thanks for the help.

John, if I can't follow the instructions that Jeff posted, I will phone you tomorrow.

Bill, I remember this tutorial being posted, but was unable to find anything through the search option. I have noticed that you have found lots of past posts for people, how do you do it?

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:34 pm

:D
mostly be remembering roughly where they were. Start in the right Forum by clicking the FORUMS button next to HOME above {the drop down list only shows some of the forums}.

If it was one of my own posts then instead I first select "My Posts" Which is at bottom right corner of the displayed messages then that has a search box at its top with which you can restrict the list to a handleable size. I use BACK and try different keywords until I get what I'm looking for.

Sometimes I remember there was a relevant photo so I click Photo Gallery {near the top just under the Elan logos} then slowly type one letter at a time into either "Filter by Topic Title" or "Filter by user name" (depending on what I remembered}. One you find the right picture you reach the topic by clicking the title of the picture.

Sometimes I use the LotusElan.net search box at top right, but alas that almost alway shows the oldest messages first and many of them are hard to read becaususe they were in email format from the old mailing list and are repeated. It is better than it used to be but it still takes tooo long to get to find stuff.

And the final method is to use Google instead of the internal search. A little known feature of Google is that you can restrict the search to a given domain name. Thus I start a fresh internet browser window and use it to go to http://www.google.com then, for example, in its search box [..] I type
[ differential 3.55 site:lotuselan.net]
You still get a lot of results usually but they are easier to scan through.

~~~~~~~~~~~

In all cases I makes extensive use of a right-button click and select "Open in a New Tab" so that if it is not what I wanted I merely close the new tab and my search list is still there to try the next one.

~~~~~~~~~

:D Easy when you have, like me, been using computers since 1962 {54 years} :D
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Bill,

Thanks. Computers are not my friends, they are one of the reasons I took early retirement. Sadly I am analogue man.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: