25% restocking charge !

PostPost by: AHM » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:47 pm

SimonH wrote:They seem to forget that its a perk not a right to return stuff when you ordered it by mistake/wrong size/ too many etc.

It's not a perk it is a right if you bought it remotely. If you were presented or it was ordered especially at your request it is different.

Bill,
The distance selling rules laws have been in place for years - It's the cost of doing business remotely, every small business owner knows that.
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: SimonH » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:33 pm

AHM wrote:It's not a perk it is a right if you bought it remotely. If you were presented or it was ordered especially at your request it is different.

I realise there are some distance selling rules but the op didn't specify return of an online order.
I was talking about getting something from and returning to a store.
I don't know if distance selling rules applies to phoning and ordering? I thought it was only online with no human contact at all.
I still think if you order the wrong part it's unfair to expect free returns if it's your mistake.
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Simon,
The rules on distance selling cover telephone as well as Internet purchases. You get far more rights if you shop in this way. The assumption is that goods cannot be physically inspected and approved from descriptions and photographs, hence the extra right to change your mind within 14 days.

I had assumed that the op had purchased online or over the phone rather than at the sellers premises over the counter. If this had been the case then the seller would not be bound to accept goods for return simply because the purchaser had changed his/her mind, the goods would need to be faulty for the purchaser to expect a full refund. A restock charge would be legitimate in this case.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: