South of Watford?? pls help!

PostPost by: Bud English » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:39 am

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. As opposed to a North, South thing, I was going for an across the pond thing.

I lived in Felixstowe for three years and enjoyed many home cooked English meals that were superb. The only "restaurants" that I can remember were Indian, Chinese, and Italian though. There were several pubs that had good food and of course great fish and chip shops. I really hope all the local bakeries are still making fresh bread and you haven't gone the, tasteless, Wonder Bread route. I still whip up the occasional plowmen's lunch or bacon sandwiches when it's just me having lunch. My wife doesn't understand it. That was before her time.
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:48 am

I hope the Bacon in the sarnies was crispy and with some HP brown sauce :D .
I live in France Brittany but sometimes i miss the Chish and Fips or a good Ruby Murry :D
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:17 pm

yes gentlemen: a proper english breakfast includes lots of lovely carbs (not weber!!) the beans, the hash browns, the toast ---- then your eggs, bacon, cooked tomatoes and mushrooms AND the english orange marmalade: just unbeatable - even though waffles, pancakes, maple syrup and bacon can be a good US alternative! sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: