Is the Queenstown to Glenorchy road one of the best?

PostPost by: saildrive2001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Been to NZ twice & each time wished I had my Elan with me. incredible roads & scenery.
Keith Marshall
69 S4 SE DHC RHD Original owner
saildrive2001
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: ruff » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:56 am

Hey guys,

I have just released my film.

It's for a competition. If you enjoy it, please throw me a vote.

http://woobox.com/chfqis/gallery/tQqx9uc8iFI

There is no registration requirement, and you can vote once per day.

When the competition ends, I will post a full resolution version of the video and make it available for anyone to download and add to their collections.

Thanks!

Ben
ruff
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:06 am

glenorchy.jpg and
The Queenstown to Glenorchy Road this morning without another car in sight :-) superb, one to add to the Trans Labrador Highway (Canada)
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: cudabenefast » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:12 am

Hi Ruff, just spent 2 weeks in NZ on the North Island in a +2. My 40th or so trip to NZ but still amazed at the enjoyable roads. Years ago I asked local friend which were the best driving roads in NZ and his reply was "any one with a Maori name!" which I think sums it up.

My favourites from this trip were Havelock North to Eketahuna via Kahuranaki, Wiapukurau, Porangahau, and Pongaroa. What a blast! Had intended to continue to Martinborough via Tiraumea, Bideford and Wainuioru - lack of fuel got in the way.

Highway 4 from Whangarei to the Chateau is fabulous and the return to Havelock North on the Taihape to Hastings road provided yet another must do.

Will be back later in the year to head to the South Island and will aim to have a run along your suggested route. Bought the car for these trips with a view to sell afterwards and the Isuzu 5 speed suited the car/roads perfectly .

Cheers Peter

nz-2-s130.jpg and
cudabenefast
First Gear
First Gear

Previous

Total Online: