88 thou $ for an elan - did u see this one?

PostPost by: el-saturn » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:46 am

el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:45 am

Maybe $40k more than you would expect for a similar car in similar condition but recently restored versus like that from new as with this car.

Is that what people are prepared to pay for originality? and then put it in the garage?

It will depreciate like a modern new car once you start using it back to the value of a similar restored car

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:44 pm

You had to pay more for the hole in the roof....................
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Fred Talmadge » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:46 pm

As someone who is still running around with a generator/dynamo and rubber donuts, I'm glad originality is worth something. I just hope that 10-20 years from now when I'm too old to get in and out of it that it's still worth some money to help pay for the old folks home.
Fred Talmadge
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Bill » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Hmmmmm!!

I have 0035/J - also with the hole in the roof - I'm told that the Wabatso sun roof was a "desirable" option fitted prior to dealership delivery upon delivery to the states.

My car, partially restored when I purchased it 2 years ago, is on a Spyder frame and suspension.

I guess I best get to work on it.

Till I get it done I will be happy with the thought that my 1963 1600, 26/0538, that I purchased from the factory is likely dedicated to be my coffin in the extremely unlikelyhood that I may have to die one day, has increased in value - by the time that happens it may be even worth enough to be guilded!

Bill
Bill Rathlef
Vancouver Island, Canada
"Keep your stick on the ice, boys."
Bill
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: