Transportation of an elan from the USA

PostPost by: philbirch » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Just out of curiosity,

Dear Client,

Thank you for your request to ship your Lotus Elan from Chicago, IL to Felixstowe, UK.:

Quote number: 02221712

Payable to CFR Rinkens in the United States:

$570.00 - Trucking from Chicago, IL up
to terminal in Linden, NJ.

$750.00 - Shipping from terminal Linden, NJ. up to port Felixstowe, UK. via shared container and our revolutionary steel loading system

Please click HERE to see this revolutionary car loading system.

INCLUDED:
- Receiving, loading, block & brace at terminal
- US Customs clearance and export documentation
- Container drayage and U.S. port fees
- Ocean freight from U.S. port up to destination port
- Bill of Lading and courier fees

EXCLUDED:
- Insurance; there is no standard insurance coverage on your shipment unless you purchase optional full coverage ("all risk") insurance. The additional cost for insurance is 1.5% of the replacement value of your vehicle. We highly recommend adding this optional insurance to your shipment
+ Optional full coverage ("all risk") insurance at 1.5% of the replacement value at destination, with a $500.00 deductible
- The replacement value is calculated by using following formula: vehicle value at destination + shipping cost
- The optional transit insurance covers damages that could occur during transport, except pre-existing damages, mechanical or electronic derangements, mold or rust as well as damages to the underbody.

Payable to our Agent at Destination:

Arrival
- Handling charges and port fees: 420?
- Delivery from Felixstowe, Uk to Liverpool, UK: 300?
- Customs Clearance: Included
- Import taxes and duties, if applicable

In order to get your vehicle " Ready to Ship"
- We need the original title (document of ownership) to clear US Customs.
- Transit time: approx. 3 weeks on water (Allow 7-10 days for loading and customs clearance)
- Payment may be done by check, credit card, or bank wire
- CFR Rinkens is fully licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission - FMC License #OTI13055N
- CFR Rinkens is not responsible for any loose items or parts shipped inside the vehicle
- Loose items, aftermarket parts or parts inside the vehicle are not covered by the optional transit insurance
- Damages that occur to the car caused by loose items inside the vehicle are not covered by the optional transit insurance

Benefits when you choose CFR Rinkens to trenasport your vehicle:
We take care of all documentation in the US and in your country (Only Germany)
We are fully licensed / Bonded Freight forwarder in the US. FMC Lic#013055NF
Our own warehouses in Los Angeles, Oakland, Houston, Miami and New York
ALL e-mails and calls are answered within few hours.
Vehicles in shared containers are loaded using the latest technology and methods. See our promotional videos by clicking on the link: CFR Miami & How we ship
We provide pictures and detailed condition report when your vehicle is picked up and delivered to our terminal.
Tracking number for every container, you can track your shipment until the vehicle arrives at destination.
Best Price / Service guarantee. If you find a better, comparable quote, we will match our beat it.
Ship with a Inc.5000 company Click Here to verify.
Read testimonials from our customers on facebook
NEW IN BREMEN: WE PROUDLY NOW OFFER THE HOMOLOGATION ( T?V ) DIRECTLY IN THE TERMINAL BREMEN. More info on this service is provided by CFR - Carshippers at: [email protected]

- Special U.S. Customs inspection charges; the U.S. Customs office can "flag" any container or shipment that they deem necessary for secondary inspection. This is a rare occurrence but should U.S. Customs flag for secondary inspection there will be charges. These charges are the responsibility of you, the shipper and owner of the cargo

Please confirm receipt of this email and let me know if you have any questions - you can best reach me via email or by phone 786-708-0215 Ext: 4025 (Direct Line). If you would like to proceed kindly send me a short confirmation email and I will forward you our booking documents.
Alex Torres
Miami Sales Agent | CFR Rinkens LLC

CFR Rinkens LLC
10301 NW 108th Ave #11
Miami, FL 33178
P: 786-708-0215 Ext:4025
E: [email protected]

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any part of its contents) or take any action in reliance on it. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify the sender immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to internet e-mail messages of this kind, please notify the sender immediately. As our company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments, we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.
Regards phil
philbirch
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:37 pm

so what's your point?
I've sold two Lotus to overseas buyer who used CFR without incident and highly recommended.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Davidb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:36 pm

This seems remarkably cheap! I shipped a car, admittedly from the West Coast, last year and it cost thousands!
'65 S2 4844
Davidb
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: philbirch » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:02 am

The reason for the post was just for our information, I've requested information in past on this forum about shipping from the states, but to no avail, so I asked for a quote, the price seems reasonable, it has also given us an insight to the procedures involved, so what's my point, that's my point. So in future, if people request information, supply it, done sit there, share it

Phil
philbirch
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:32 am

very good input phil! this is surely useful for some of us - i'm all set personally! sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mmatthej1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Thanks for posting this info - very educational, seems to show that it is quite do'able !
mmatthej1
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: