Europa header in Elan

PostPost by: Briggs1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Curious if anyone has every tried a Europa Twincam exhaust in an Elan.

I have a Eruopa TC engine with a tubular exhaust that I'm curious if it will fit as is.

Of course I can try myself - but the engine and frame are in different locations.

Just curious if anyone has tried. The exhaust would run back the opposite side of the oil pan but I don't see a problem with that.

Thanks,
Briggs
Briggs1
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: UAB807F » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:42 am

It would need a custom 90deg bend after the secondary pipes join but providing the primary pipes are as close to the head as on the Elan I think it would work. If it's an aftermarket header then all bets are off, especially if the maker has matched the primary pipe lengths then I'd guess it's too bulky for the 2 seat Elan. +2 might have more room, I don't know. The headers I have on my Europa wouldn't stand a chance of fitting into my elan.

If it's a complete engine then there's more work - the front cover outlet is different and the inlet camshaft drive for the alternator would need some thought. There's probably enough room to fit the camshaft minus drive wheel or replace the cam & fit a blanking piece, but the front cover would be a real nuisance.

Brian
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: