1969 Elan PROJECT

PostPost by: Briggs1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:27 pm

457958 Convertible PROJECT for sale. $15,500.

Other pursuits and the restoration of my 1972 S4 are prompting sale consideration.

Car is complete and comes with a lot of extra parts. I'll basically be clearing out my Elan parts stash if this moves on.

2 Frames
1 Powder coated in good shape.
1 painted OEM correct # with the VIN ? missing one engine mount
2 Engines
1 Running ? from a Europa has modified head to accept DCOE carbs ? currently has motorcycle carbs. Runs strong ? estimated at 130+ Hp. Mild street cam. Modern Hi torque starter. I drove the car this came out of and was very impressed with the power- which is why I purchased.
Original ?currently apart with all pieces intact? comes with 2 heads. Will need new pistons ? looks like a ring blew in two of the cylinders at one point and damaged the piston tops and head. Second head is good without damage. Pistons ?could? be reused but seems a shame to reinstall.
2 sets of doors, 3 trunks, multiple bumpers.
26R flares ? not installed.
New- never installed low back seat reupholstery kit.
Multiple differentials ? probably about 4-5 in total. With a spare alloy housing separate.
OEM steel wheels with a set of Plus 2 steel wheels (slightly wider)
one set of Knock on nuts and one set of three eared spinners
Spare set of front suspension.
Refinished Burl Walnut dash
And more -

Car is located in Delaware. If there is interest I suggest making a visit to inspect. Too many parts in too many places to get a complete set of pictures to post.
Attachments
dscf1050-2.jpg and
dscf1048-2-1.jpg and
dscf1049-2.jpg and
dscf1046-3.jpg and
dscf1045-3.jpg and
Briggs1
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: