1970 Lotus Elan plus 2 for sale

PostPost by: ruff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:32 am

This Lotus Elan Plus 2 features in the well known film: 'Lotus: The Perfect Drive'
https://vimeo.com/206139964
Filmed on the Glenorchy, Queenstown Road in New Zealand.

The car had a partial restoration undertaken in the 1990's. Most notably the bodywork was refinished with a layer of carbon fibre and kevlar reinforcement. This was well ahead of it?s time and was done by the same crew that made the Britten motorcycle.
https://www.brittendvd.co.nz/
This carbon fibre layer has added enormous strength and stiffness to the body. There is no flex.

(There is a tiny spiderweb crack on the bonnet. I never had it repaired due to sentimental reasons... the bonnet fell off a shelf during the Christchurch earthquake in 2010, while the rest of the car was completely un-touched).

The car was fully re-assembled and restored in 2010.

The restoration was extensive. Every part that could be rebuilt was, and all of the recommended upgrades were undertaken.

- new chassis, hoses, wiring, dashboard, brakes, coolex radiator, carpet, cv joints, exhaust, stereo, thermostat, tyres.

The engine with weber carbs has been fully rebuilt, and dyno tuned.

The car has been stored in my dry garage, and driven once every two months.

It has very sticky tyres on it, and the car drives and handles beautifully. It is an absolute pleasure to spend time in. A true, analogue driving experience.

I am selling the car, as I just do not use it enough to justify ownership, and I would like to see it go to a good home.

Price is NZ$65,000
Located in Queenstown, New Zealand. (I can assist you with arranging transport to anywhere).

Please, email [email protected] for any information.

The car was built December 1969 and sold in 1970.
Lotus Elan Plus 2
Colour: Blue
First registered in NZ 17/5/71
NZ Plate: FQ1199
Engine # F21439
Chasis # 502466
Attachments
img_4288.jpg and
ruff
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: