Fully restored Plus 2, with Zetec engine - SOLD

PostPost by: PeterK » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:49 pm

OK, new year, Christmas is over, so time to put my Zetec powered Plus 2 up for sale.

front-with-registration-number.jpg and

I enjoy over-coming the trials and tribulations of rebuilding and restring cars and motorbikes, but that often gets in the way of actually making the time to drive them once their done. So, following a bit of either good luck in finding my next project, or bad luck in finding it while I still have my Plus 2 in the garage, clearly I need the space (& the money will be useful too :lol: ), so it's time to let someone else enjoy my Plus 2.

front.jpg and

rear.jpg and

interior.jpg and

mileage.jpg and

engine.jpg and

It's a late model Plus 2, with the 8 dial dash containing the fuse box, not ash tray. It's fully rebuild, with all important wear items (suspension, bearings, seals, etc) replaced with new less than 1000 miles ago. Resprayed cellulose Porsche Guards Red with original oatmeal interior. Alarmed with central door locking. Fitted with 2.0 Silvertop Zetec, rolling road graphs show over 150bhp at the wheels, running through a 2000E gearbox and CV jointed drive shafts. MOT'ed to October 2017, and rated for historic car tax (no cost).

Side trims are not fitted (personal preference) but will come with the car, as will full photo documentation of rebuild, together with full list of all non-original components used (with source for any service replacements).

Price to sell at ?17,995

For those who like the detail, here is more...

Resprayed Porsche Guards Red (cellulose), Oatmeal interior, new dash, headlining, carpets and underfelt. Door cards rebuilt using varnished marine ply.
Early but unused Spyder chassis, modified to take Zetec
2.0 Silvertop Zetec, with over 150bhp at the wheels (rolling road graphs to document), with new Emerald ECU, Jenvey TBs, Pipercross air-filters & Spyder exhaust manifold / twin silencer exhaust system
Standard 2000E gearbox (new seals, bearings and gaskets), and Lotus diff (with new seals and output bearings), driving through new Sue Miller / Kelvedon CV shafts
Toyota electric headlight lift
Rear suspension features new adjustable spring height Spyder 'Chapman' struts, narrow springs (fit any tyres you want) and Spyder adjustable lower wishbones
Front suspension features new TT adjustable spring / dampers, with Spyder adjustable & rose jointed wishbones
Car completely rewired and now with 46 fuses and 14 relays. Easy to follow modern style colour coded wiring diagrams, plus fuse box schematic showing circuit protected, cable colour & duty, and rating for each fuse and relay.
Most nuts & bolts, and all wheel bearings, brake components, seals, etc replaced with new
New master brake cylinder and front callipers.
Rebuilt clutch master cylinder, new slave cylinder, pressure and driven plates, mated to 1.8 Zetec flywheel (lighter than 2 litre)
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: PeterK » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Sold to Terence, who may be along shortly
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: