garage clearance

PostPost by: sabbot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:17 am

10 years ago I moved to the United States intending to stay for one year, 10 years later I'm still here and have aquired a S4 elan and S3 Caterham. It's time to move my UK lotus cars and parts on to someone who will use / restore them.
The good news is that someone is likely to get a good deal on cars and parts that have been in dry storage for 10+ years. The bad news is that I would prefer one buyer to take everything and payment / collection has to be arranged for the second week in August while I'm back in the UK.
Outlined below are the major parts. I'll send a pdf file with pictures to anyone who is interested and I'll do my best to describe the parts here and by email or phone calls (I'm currently in New Jersey, East coast US)
I may consider selling the plus 2 separately but everything else has to go as one lot, and as mentioned it would be better if everything goes together.
I'm open to cash offers on everything or alternatively will consider part exchange on mobile interesting cars (up to ~$60,000 value) with cash ether way depending on the value of the exchange. Cars in exchange would have to be mobile under their own power, over 25 years old and exportable to the US and ideally left hand drive. Interesting cars could include any 50s and 60s lotus, Ginetta G12, G4, Matra Djet, Alpine A110, any pre TR7 series triumph, well prepared period race / rally car, early series landrovers etc.
Lotus cars and parts for sale:
Complete 1972 Elan plus 2, was used daily until stored, engine oiled before dry store, galvanized chassis, solid driveshafts, decent body but badly faded red paint, new carpet set to be installed. Have 18+ years of complete documentation of every part and service for the car prior to storage.
1967 Elan S3 FHC in parts but complete with all ?hard to find parts e.g. handbrake components, window motors etc rear lights , body very rough (bad paint reaction) but complete and no major structural damage, chassis surface has rust, hard to find parts including handbrake mechanisms, window motors, glass etc
Additional parts (not including the parts required to rebuild the S3 elan). All parts have been previously used, are dusty, may have minor surface rust but are complete and undamaged-unless marked*: 1xFord 1600 short engine (main journals *10 though under size and will likely require regrinding), 4x new AP twin cam pistons and rings, 2x 105E gearboxes, 4x Weber DCOE40 (* one missing a main jet cover), a bunch of cam shafts (*surface rust so will need to be reprofiled or used as ornaments), 1x pair of Spyder sliding spline dual UJ drive shafts (for type 26/36 Elan), 4x (possibly more) 4.5J knock on wheels, 4 x (again possibly more) 5.5J revolution alloy wheels (4 bolt fitting), 4x rear ?A? frames, 2x rear hub carriers and hubs, 2x front knock on hubs, 2x tubular 4 into 2 manifolds, 2x elan seats (*dirty and stitching split on seat squab), Assorted front calipers and front and rear disks 2x rear strut inserts, Assorted trim and gauges, 2x S3 Elan rear light lenses and bezels,
Optional to take or leave: 3hp compressor, ? inc chuck floor-mounted pillar drill, Clarke MIG welder and large argon C02 bottle, 10ton hydraulic press, assorted airtools and other hand tools
If interested contact me on [email protected]
sabbot
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gherlt » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:46 am

Hi,
interesting lot, but I suppose the cars are RHD ?

Regards

Guillermo
1964 S1 (at paint shop)
1967 S3 DHC
1969 S4 FHC (at BB's home)

https://theelanman.com for details on Brian Bucklands book.
https://shop.lotus-books.com for more Lotus related books.
We ship worldwide. PM/Email me.
gherlt
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: sabbot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Guillermo,
Both cars are RHD - thanks,
Stewart
sabbot
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: sabbot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:34 pm

I forgot to mention and a few people have asked about the location. The cars and parts are in Bath (BA1) UK.
Regards,
Stewart
sabbot
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: sabbot » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:50 am

First of all thanks to everybody who has expressed interest in the cars and parts and apologies for delayed replies to some of you, unfortunately my work travel schedule has recently been rather hectic.
The updates primarily pertain to the documentation for the cars, for which there is some good news and some not so good news.
The good news:
For the Plus 2 I have managed to find 5 ring binders of information containing the following:
V5 and the SORN form for the first year of being out of the country 2003/4, unfortunately thereafter I didn't renew the SORN
All MOTs from 1884-2003 (when I left the UK)
Service records and from 1984 to 2003 including QED?s dyno records for the engine
All receipts for parts and services for 1884 to 2003 which total over 11,000pounds
The not so good news:
Despite searching multiple boxes and filing cabinets in the US and at my father in laws house in the UK I cannot find the V5 for the S3 elan.
I did find part of the V5 namely the "V5/2 and V5/3 New Keepers Supplement" which is the tear off slip that the new keeper keeps when the car is sold. This is detailed to me and dated March 2000, which is when I purchased the car.
The car was actually first registed in April 1968 not 1967 as I had originally posted.
I?m pretty sure that the body and chassis have the original VIN chassis number tags but because I thought that I had the V5 I didn?t specifically check when I was last back in the UK
I?ll now try to answer all of the PMs and emails that I have received in the last week or so.
Regards,
Stewart
sabbot
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: