PostPost by: DavidLB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:15 pm

I forgot the model +2S130/5. David
DavidLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:15 am

DavidLB wrote:I forgot the model +2S130/5. David

Hi David
Mine is a similar late 73 +2S 130 /5 but the sensor bulb has always been mounted on the air cleaner as shown in the photo and not the body like yours. Looks like it depended on who was assembling it on the day as to where they mounted the sensor - typical Lotus

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DavidLB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi Rohan I can only say that of all the +2S 130 I sold the sensor was in the same position as mine I think we sold some 40 of them, is yours mounted on the base of the air cleaner presumably it would have to be moved whenever the air filter was changed . that said all out cars were UK spec they may have mounted them differently for other markets David
DavidLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:42 pm

DavidLB wrote:Hi Rohan I can only say that of all the +2S 130 I sold the sensor was in the same position as mine I think we sold some 40 of them, is yours mounted on the base of the air cleaner presumably it would have to be moved whenever the air filter was changed . that said all out cars were UK spec they may have mounted them differently for other markets David

It mounts in a brass strip loop through the top bolt of the strut from the fibre glass body to the housing of the air cleaner. The air cleaner cover and trunking is removed to change the air cleaner but the strut and housing with the sensor does not need to be moved. My car was originally a UK car. Maybe my car is the odd one out. Maybe Lotus just did details like this at random

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:32 am

My air cleaner came in my boot but the sensor bulb iwas also unsecured on my car (October 73). So I suspect it was originally fastened by the air cleaner but can't confirm it.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:53 am

rgh0 wrote:
DavidLB wrote:Hi Rohan I can only say that of all the +2S 130 I sold the sensor was in the same position as mine I think we sold some 40 of them, is yours mounted on the base of the air cleaner presumably it would have to be moved whenever the air filter was changed . that said all out cars were UK spec they may have mounted them differently for other markets David

It mounts in a brass strip loop through the top bolt of the strut from the fibre glass body to the housing of the air cleaner. The air cleaner cover and trunking is removed to change the air cleaner but the strut and housing with the sensor does not need to be moved. My car was originally a UK car. Maybe my car is the odd one out. Maybe Lotus just did details like this at random

cheers
Rohan

Mine is attached the same as Rohan's and is a late 1972 build. Maybe they only had the brackets in stock some of the time!
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davieroy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:12 pm

David
Do you have a picure of the tube route in the engine bay? I want to get this right first time if possible. The earlier picture posted by Rohan looks good to me in that it routes by the wiring loom into the nose. Was going to follow that path.
Regards
Roy
davieroy
New-tral

PostPost by: DavidLB » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi Roy no problem I'll take some in the morning for you Regards David
DavidLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: DavidLB » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:21 am

img_1196.jpg and
Hi Roy Here are a series of phots of the route of the capillary tube you can see it comes through the bulkhead behind the pedal box down between the box and the wing just under the carbs through to the nose cone I hope that gives you the route ok
Regards David
Attachments
img_1200.jpg and
img_1199.jpg and
img_1197.jpg and
DavidLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:21 pm

+1 to this description, my '73 +2S130/5 is routed exactly the same, and it appears to be very original.
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davieroy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:59 pm

Thank you so much!
Roy
davieroy
New-tral

Previous

Total Online: