Dashboard

PostPost by: Chris5360 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:53 pm

img_1468.jpg and
I have just finally bought my first elan, having wanted one for ages, it's not perfect, but I like doing bits and bobs as it's being driven too.
Basically my question is about the dashboard, the layout looks different to others I have seen and was wondering if it would have left the factory like that, or if it was a kit version or something made up later ?
Not the greatest picture I'm afraid
Chris5360
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: EPC 394J » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:07 pm

No expert

But I've never seen one like that before. I would guess it's non-original?

However, if you like it, and it works for you, then nothing else is important. Just enjoy!
Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

Plus 2S

BLL 315H in white.
EPC 394J
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Chris5360 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:12 am

Yeah I do like it, but she as basically going to use the car as a sort of running restoration, so thought of its non original might be best to go original if I end up replacing it, the clock I've never seen and is slightly bigger than the rest.
Definatly enjoying he drive though
Chris5360
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:22 pm

If you get to a Lotus club meet or car show, you should be able to see a variety of different versions of the dash. I agree though, your's looks home made, there are usually two rows of guages/dials with a radio between them.

I've attached an example.

Mike
Attachments
img_3685-resized.jpg and
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: