Elan +2 back on road

PostPost by: el torro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:58 pm

My 1973 130/5 is now road legal after nearly 4 years of work,bought as rolling chassis but mostly in boxes of parts,first mot for 16 years,it was used in Germany for about 4 years 2001-5,it came with German reg,now back to its original uk reg after a hell of a lot of hassle ,it now has blockage in fuel supply so will have to work through that from tank to pump etc before I can enjoy it,I think that makes it in time for 50th anniversary of +2 model
el torro
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RichC » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:04 pm

nice one.
time for some piccies?
RichC
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: el torro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:38 pm

I struggle to post photos
Attachments
image.jpeg and
el torro
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Bigbaldybloke » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Mine has been off the road even longer, hence, electric fuel pump and new alloy tank as I reckon the inside of the original tank could be pretty cruddy after being open to atmosphere all that time. Hope you get yours sorted quickly and the carbs aren't all bunged up with crud.
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine!
Bigbaldybloke
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: el torro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:17 pm

image.jpeg and
image.jpeg and
It's on Webers and has banjo filters so hope they have done there job,taking them off anyway to get to fuel pump,then work back to tank,it seems a backward step but necessary
Attachments
image.jpeg and
el torro
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: el torro » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:52 pm

Carbs removed,fuel pump top removed filter got crap on it cleared it out refitted top ,cranked it no fuel came out,faulty pump of blocked fuel tank banjo,blanking plate for mechanical fuel pump ordered,fit fuel filter on it to enable me to connect two pipes together,electric pump and pressure regulator to fitted in boot,and
modify banjo to have gauze filter on it,then refit everything after pressure testing all connections,so probably another week of road,oh the joys of lotus ownership
el torro
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: