HTR 500L

PostPost by: JonB » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi

Does anyone know anything about a Plus 2 130/5, reg HTR 500L? I own it now, but I'd love to find previous owners if any are here, or find some old pictures / info. It started out as a Carnival Red car (with silver flake roof), then was resprayed that teal blue colour and now, as you may know, it is Roman Purple (very recently done). It has the Oatmeal interior.

Cheers
JonB
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Since it was first registered on 29 Mar 73 in Southampton, the chances are it was handled by the Sparshatts Lotus dealership. They are still in existence, though not Lotus dealers.

May be worth asking if they have any archive material related to their time as a Lotus dealer in the 1970's. Andy Graham at the factory would be able to confirm the dealer and maybe first owner name too.

The other firm in Southampton at the time was Quadrifoglio Motors, but they were a service dealer.

Tim
Attachments
sparshatts.jpg and
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Donels » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:25 pm

You can fill in a W888 form with the DVLA and get all of the owners/changes to the vehicle. It costs around ?15 and the form is available online.

Experience suggests that the DVLA is sensitive to what you say you want the information for. I said I had recently purchased the vehicle and wanted to trace its history to confirm mileage etc and was sucessful. A friend said he just wanted the history and was told no. It probably also depends who you get at the DVLA.

I got back photo copies of all the V5 and green log book changes from day 1, some included mileage etc.

Good luck.

Dave
Elan +2
Elise mk 1
Donels
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Some pictures from 2004, when it was painted blue. It's surprising how little has changed on the car (apart from the colour of course). In 14 years it only did 7000 miles.

I was lucky in that the company who sold the car in 2004 had retained the details of the advert. So a big thank you to Sue at The Real Car Co., for digging them out and sending them to me!

http://www.realcar.co.uk/

You can't see it in these shots, but the paintwork was in pretty poor condition, with several stress cracks and stone chips visible.

img_1064.jpg and
Engine bay is unchanged, apart from the orange plug leads (which are now black).

img_1069.jpg and
Interior looks much cleaner here!

img_1067.jpg and

img_1066.jpg and
Looks like I still have the same loudspeakers fitted.

img_1065.jpg and
If only the bumpers still looked this good...
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Donels,

Regretably I believe that DVLA have stopped that service now due to data protection
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Ah ha.. but I know the names of the prior owners - well, most of them - because they appear on many of the receipts in the history file. Naturally I cannot list them here, but I was kind of hoping one of them was about...
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Jon

Why can't you list them on here , you're not afraid of getting your wrists slapped........again.......are you ?

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Yes, but not by Kev.

Data Protection laws apply, I believe.
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: NickG » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi,
HTR500L was my car once. Bought from Paul Matty and part ex'd to the Real Car Co a few years later.
Happy to swap stories & photos!
Can you email me direct via this site? ie a private message.
Regards,
Nick Green
NickG
New-tral

PostPost by: JonB » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:55 am

PM Sent, as they frequently (and unnecessarily) say on the "for sale" forums. :lol:
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: