Radio

PostPost by: sdenny » Tue May 16, 2017 5:46 am

The Veg wrote:Yep I'm definitely going to be using the extension cable, although I haven't yet decided where to mount the body. I've had the radio for about a week now and the body is smaller and lighter than I expected it to be, and having it to hand is definitely giving me ideas for the install. I've got a bit of time before I'll be ready to install it, so by then I'm sure I'll have a good plan. May wind up adding an amp due to the aforementioned volume issues. Plenty of space in the Plus two for hiding amps and such! :)

Sorry - i completely missed the fact you'd mentioned the extension cable already.

Which model did you get? My only slight disappointment was when i found out the the Hermosa unit i bought didnt support RDS (even though the place I'd bought it from said it did). I would have bought the Model 2 if i'd known (I didn't need iPhone support or 10,000 colour display!!)
sdenny
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Wed May 17, 2017 4:48 pm

I've got the Model Two. I don't need the iphone support or 10K colours either but everything else is nice, and I found a good price too.

One of the ideas I'm getting is to have the USB sockets in the ashtray, since I don't smoke. Plug a thumb-drive into one of them and enjoy hours of music! :D
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DrinkMan » Wed May 17, 2017 5:37 pm

We have a Retrosound in our TR6. Looks original (knobs and trim) and hidden in the glove box remotely we have the USB connections with all our tunes hooked up. We love it. Looks like late 60's, early 70's as it should.

Went from:

to this:
Life is too short to drive boring cars or drink boring beers but not at same time
66 Elan S2 S/E
05 Elise
68 Lancia Fulvia
68 Merc 280S
69 Alfa Spider
72 BMW 2000tii tour
73 Opel GT
73 Triumph TR6
73 Porsche 914
74 Alfa GTV
79 Triumph Spitfire
03 Jag XKR