Why do I not trust garages, bonnet issues!

PostPost by: therolfie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Well had some body work done & new bonnet fitted at a very well known Lotus body shop a few years back. Just gone to take the bonnet off to get to the fan, it would seem that they had a problem with one of the bolts & guess what, yes they did a bodge job!!!! Well thanks for that I now can't get the bonnet off, as they have put a thread in, a nut on the end & then rounded the thread to hold the nut on or was it they snapped off the old bolt! These are old cars & yes things happen, but tell us so we don't get caught out!!

OK rant over just need to get the bonnet off, should have taken two mins.
White +2s, S4 in bits & the practical Honda!
therolfie
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: alan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:18 pm

it's no better here in France with garages. A French friend took his +2s to a garage to have a few things done on the engine. He had a phone call from the garage to say they had a problem. When he arrived he saw that the garage owner's son had taken the +2s for a test drive and completely destroyed the front of the car. It took the garage a Year to find another front to laminate on. A complet w***er and idiot. The garage is near Lorient in Morbihan in France. :evil:
Alan.B
alan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:05 am

Sadly that wasn't a one off. Back when I was only an aspiring Elan owner our next door neighbour took his Lamborghini Espada to a local garage for some minor work and (I think) an MOT and they wrote it off during the "road test". Never did get to find out what hapened eventually as we moved shortly afterwards but it won't have been cheap!
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: