wanted - a set of 26R style knock on spinners please

PostPost by: davidholroyd » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi, can some one sell me a set of 26R knock on spinners please - also what then keeps the 'rubbish' out of the front wheel bearings. thanks david

[email protected]
davidholroyd
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:19 pm

If nobody else can help contact TTR; they have original "style" 26R spinners or can make the same to fit "normal" knock on hubs.
Good luck
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:32 pm

There are two types of spinners out there at two price points - which are you looking for ?

The last car I had that used them was fitted with the cast variety - I don't have a complete set any more , maybe a partial ? PM me if you want me to go through my spares to see what I turn up - I was getting these from Dave Bean, they're are quite reasonable compared the ones from TTR.

on maintenance of the hubs - compressed air and liberal application of WD40 kept them clean and dry. For a moment I looked into pining the hubs to keep the spinners on and what we were going to do was incorporate a cap or plug inside of the pin to keep it in place. I can take a picture of what was done on a Lister Jag if you want to see what it looks like. I lost a spinner once is the Esses at road atlanta, you have very little time to make up your mind where to land.

George
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elancoupe » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:56 pm

davidholroyd wrote: also what then keeps the 'rubbish' out of the front wheel bearings. thanks david

I didn't like the exposed nature of the bearings, so I devised a simple fix. I used some retainers which hold hood (bonnet) insulation on GM cars. These were a perfect circumference. I trimmed off the protruding "christmas tree", and used a strip of butyl tape around the edge of the hub to hold the clip in place. This has worked very well, have never lost one in 8 years. They can be quickly removed for service as well.
Attachments
spinner 002.jpg and
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:13 am

Dave Bean sells a Nilos seal set for the front hubs that replace the original felt seal at the rear and dust cap at the front - leaves the adjusting nut exposed for easy adjustment if you find hub end float is causing to much pad knock off during a race meeting

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Per Rohan's post a picture of the nilos, kit that bean has. however , much easier to get at here than with the 26R hubs
Attachments
nilos.JPG and
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: petrolblood » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:05 am

The 26R lookalike spinners for a normal Elan are available at Dave Bean. I have ordered a set at September last year, but they are not yet casted. If you also wish to have a set of them please call Dave Bean - maybe he is waiting for other orders. They don't cost a fortune (about 80$ each).
Elan +2 S130 lhd disassembled and in wait for a BDG Block
petrolblood
New-tral

PostPost by: elj221c » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Cast?

I think they should be machined from solid, hence the price!?

Correct if I'm wrong.

Roy
'65S2
Roy
'65 S2
elj221c
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: