My additions.

Sleeping bag
Pop up tent
Instant bbq
Lighter (in a sealed plastic bag)
Fishing rod and line
Multi tool
Good book (any subject)
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Mon May 07, 2018 8:15 am

My appointment with the opthalmic surgeon is already made for June, brain surgeon said not to waste his time, there was nothing that he could do for me :lol:
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:23 am

wotsisname wrote:Yoga mat

Always useful when you have to crawl underneath. A bible and some holy water for the radiator might give you a fighting chance. Worked for my Land Rover when we went to Lourdes. :lol:
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:13 am

What you need really depends on the condition of your Lotus and what your doing.

When i take my Elan to a race meeting I have the back of my Landcruiser full of spares and tools and I can fix almost anything that is possible between races and the Elan on a trailer so I can winch it on and take it home if the worst happens

When i go on a short drive in my Esprit S1 or Plus 2 I take nothing but the spare tyre and the standard tool kit that came with the car and a tow rope. The cars are well maintained and in standard condition and have never had an on road failure in the more than 35 years I have owned them except for once in the Plus 2 when the gear lever separated from the box while my wife was driving it ( it was her everyday car for 10+ years)

When going for longer trips of say over 1000km return I will pack more of the typical spares and tools listed and in the end if they are not sufficient I will call the recovery service.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: William2 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Bottom line, make sure you have a good breakdown/recovery option on your insurance! Can't beat it for peace of mind.
If your car has had a total rebuild and you know every nut and bolt on it then hopefully the list of tools, fluids and equipment should be relatively minimal. Also, the obvious regular maintenance procedures will all help to ensure reliability.
William2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Lotus 50 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:13 am

Each spring I run my Plus 2 to the cottage, 300 miles, each spring armed with a cell phone, some engine for later in the summer, and a positive attitude.
Lotus 50
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Lotus 50 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:14 am

some engine oil, not 'some engine'
Lotus 50
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: