Racing parts supplier

PostPost by: steveww » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:23 pm

I was at the Historic Motorsport Show (Race Retro) yesterday. Lots of nice shiny toys to see and buy, including a number of 26R.

I met Pat Thomas from Kelvedon Lotus who was exhibiting. He had a snorkel Europa on the stand that he is planing to race this year, very nice.

Anyway back to the point of this post. He also had a stack of Elan racing goodies, more parts than TTR I would guess. Pat has raced Elans since TTR was in shorts so he knows just about all there is to know about making Elans go quickly. I never knew that he did so much with Elans :o He also does all the non racing parts as well.

He is just in the process of getting the web site updated and putting together a parts catalogue. So keep you eye on the site http://www.racecar.co.uk/kelvedonlotus/contents.html for more details and may be give him a call next time you need a part.

(No connection with Kelvedon just letting you all know about a potential parts supplier.)
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:59 am

When I came back into Elan ownership about 6 years ago, I spent ages on the phone to a very patient Pat Thomas, who brought me up to speed with all the changes that had gone on since my last bout of insanity in the late 70s.
Great bloke- lots of knowledge.

Cheers,
Pete.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elancoupe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:28 pm

I had good dealings with Pat. He special ordered some wheels for me, and I am sure it was a pain for him to get them. Other than him forgetting my address ( it was quite a long gestation), no problems.

I run his quickshifter, it's a nice product.
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: