26R bottom front bones

PostPost by: miked » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:33 pm

Can anyone help me out here. I am fitting a set of 26r cranked type adustable front wish bones. They look like the ones on this forum of the TTR chassis picture except the ones I have are rod end on the bottom too.

I picked these up second hand and have a question.

I had a trial build but don't know the start point/reference point for the adjustment of the bottom bone. Since the TTR picture shows the bottom without adjustment, I figure if I knew the dimension from the chassis pivot to the the trunion hole of those, I could set up.

I looked in the manual at standard bones but this figure of 9 inch does not seem right. The rod end have to go almost fully home to achieve this. Has anybody got the 26r bones that they could take the mearsurement from.

thanks

Mike

:P
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bigvalvehead » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi Mike
The 26R did not have rose jointed bottom wishbones. These were only generally used on Modsports Elans. I raced my 26R as a modsports car in the 70s and it ran top and bottom adjustables which were wider than standard to increase the track on the front. You probably have some of those type.
I will try and measure my bottom wishbones over the next few days.
Email me on [email protected] and I can send you a pic of the correct FIA spec bones
Regards
Dave
bigvalvehead
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: