fia appk seats

PostPost by: alan d bell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:24 pm

we are nearing the end of the rebuild of the gts elan but are having difficulty finding suitably narrow seats, eg cobra historic fia are 51.5 cm at the shoulder and the base may not fit between the bottom cross tube of the roll cage and the raised part of the floor. any ideas or past fittings please.
alan d bell
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:31 am

Hi, ive Fitted an fia spec tillet B6F seat in my 26R that comes in two widths, one all carbon allows the edge of seat to be removed. The normal verson needs the edge for its strength, still light and beautifully made, really comfortable and makes you feel like you are part of the car.

Cheers V
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alan d bell » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:13 pm

thanks guys I am talking to motor drive seats who make a seat specifically for the elan fie approved and starting at ?360,amazing
alan d bell
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: toomspj » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:38 pm

I have had two Motordrive seats, for my S1 Roadsports and also for my 26R. They are superbly comfortable and fit easily in the Elan.

In fact I had originally put a Tillet seat in the 26R, but changed to the Motordrive seat as it felt more in keeping (visually at least)

For the 26R I changed the floor to being flat simply because that way I could get exactly the right seating position and also make the mounting very secure (attached to Chassis and side-bars).

Good luck with it - Motordrive are a really nice business to deal with.

Paul
Turning money into noise!
toomspj
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: patrics » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Alan,
I also have a motordrive seat and agree with Paul as I also changed my floor to get a good seating position. You can remove the inclined side bits and remove the raised cross piece behind the the standard mounting points.
How much trouble you have fitting it will depend on how tall or short you are - taller being easier.
Hope this helps
Steve
patrics
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:43 pm

I guess the FIA does not want wide bottomed people to race :lol: ..ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Greg Cozier » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Please explain what is involved in changing the floor to flat. I'm building a rally car and have used motor drive seats for decades so could do with a proper padded rally seat.
Greg Cozier
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alan d bell » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:44 am

thanks for all the help I now have a pair of motor drive seats fia approved for three more years,
alan d bell
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Richard hall » Fri May 02, 2014 8:33 am

Greg Cozier wrote:Please explain what is involved in changing the floor to flat. I'm building a rally car and have used motor drive seats for decades so could do with a proper padded rally seat.

i am also building a Fia spec Elan for rallying, any information out there on setup, brakes,seat mountings etc ?
Richard hall
New-tral

PostPost by: Richard hall » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:49 am

IMG_2694.JPG and

Build going well and now looking to sort out front brakes, looking at the 26r set up is it a big improvement ?

also looking for door hinges S3
Richard hall
New-tral

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:42 pm

Richard hall wrote:Build going well and now looking to sort out front brakes, looking at the 26r set up is it a big improvement ?

We are going well off topic here but are you asking about 26R front calipers, a dual brake master cylinder arrangement or both? The Girling AR calipers used on the 26R are aluminum and quite a bit lighter than the iron Gilding type 14 calipers used on the Elan. The AR calipers also have larger diameter pistons, 2.00 inch v. 1.88 inch and therefore will give about 14% more braking force at the caliper for a given force at the brake pedal, all other variables held constant. The ARs will also shift the front/tear bias a bit more to the front. The AR and NR calipers (used at the rear) do not have dust seals, fine for circuit racing but perhaps less so for rallying.
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: