New - VINTAGE RACING PODCAST

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:28 pm

I am introducing a new vintage racing podcast for drivers, race car owners and crew, enthusiasts and spectators of vintage racing, and vintage car collectors. Although we will be covering more then just Lotus Elans, my co-host is Dave Vegher, past winner of 3 national championships and other awards, renowned U.S. race engine builder, and preparer of winning vintage racecars at his Veloce Motors West shop in Petaluma, California, one of the best shops in the States. Dave builds a LOT of Lotus Twin Cam motors for all of the various classes of race cars that use them, from Elan 26Rs to formula cars, to sports racers. I am not a racer, but am a double Elan owner (S3 and S4), and own other vintage cars, and am an enthusiast of vintage racing here on the West Coast. There will be a good deal of Lotus content, to be sure. The focus is likely to be on U.S. vintage racing, although I am sure Dave will share his experiences racing his Chevron in the Le Mans Classic, and maybe more.

We have a new web site, shown below, which will be the home base for our podcast, and where you can subscribe to the RSS feed to be automatically notified when new episodes are posted. We'll be submitting our podcast to iTunes, and potentially other distribution sources. I'll also add more photos I've taken at Dave's shop and the track (Sonoma Raceway is basically my hometown track), and links to upcoming races, events, and other items of interest as we get going.

We'll be covering the various racing groups - CSRG, SVRA, VARA, etc., and discussing the various racing categories - FV, FF, FA, F1, Sports Racing, etc. We'll also talk about vintage street cars; selecting, collecting, maintaining, and more. We also plan to interview many of the local vintage race drivers, mechanics, and luminaries. As you might imagine, with 40 years in the business, Dave will have plenty of stories for me to extract and share with listeners.

If any of you would like to share your ideas, provide questions for us to try to answer about Elans, Twin Cam or other vintage motors, race prep, race tracks, etc., please feel free to email me at:

[email protected]" target="_blank" target="_blank

and check out our web site:

http://www.vintageracingpodcast.com

Cheers,

Greg
Last edited by elangtv2000 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
elangtv2000
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Thanks for the links! Looking forward to them.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:43 am

Greg

Let us know when it's up and running...

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:14 am

Greg,

We are really looking forward to the podcasts. Dave's skills are something to behold. His engine building and car preparation on some very valuable cars is impeccable. They are also very quick!
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:04 am

Thank you for the encouragement, folks! I'll keep you posted.

Happy Holidays,

Greg

www.vintageracingpodcast.com
[email protected]
elangtv2000
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi Greg,

Hey that sounds to be right up my street. Look forward to your postings etc.

Could I just say on a very personal note that when I looked at the initial page the blue script doesn't sit very well on the black background for reading.

Doug.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:06 pm

Thank you, Doug. I will be updating the web site soon so will change that color to something better.
Cheers,
Greg
elangtv2000
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:53 pm

I have just updated our web site and uploaded the first episode of Vintage Racing Podcast!

Still have to clear up a glitch with RSS, but the first episode is up and ready for listening.

Please enjoy, but be kind; it's been a fairly steep learning curve for all of the elements I've had to work with. It will improve quickly.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas to you all.

Greg

Www.vintageracingpodcast.com
[email protected]
elangtv2000
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: 1owner69Elan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:52 am

Greg,

Thanks for the Christmas present of your first episode. Enjoyed your discussion with Dave. Keep them coming!
'69 Elan S4 SE
Street 181 BHP
Original owner
1owner69Elan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: seniorchristo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:38 am

I really enjoyed the podcast. Good job Greg and dave! :)
67 Elan Super Safety
67 Elan +2
seniorchristo
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi Greg,

Many thanks it sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Look forward to seeing photo's etc to go with the podcasts. 8)

By the way I would hazard a guess and say you have taken on a lot of work with your "little" project.

Doug.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Thank you for your comments, everyone.

Doug - yes, it is a bit of work, to be sure. I'll be adding photos to the web site, and would even like to host photos of listeners' cars.

Cheers,

Greg

[email protected]
www.vintageracingpodcast.com
elangtv2000
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:09 am

Hello, and Happy New Year,

I've just released our second episode of the Vintage Racing Podcast - I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Greg Tatarian

http://www.vintageracingpodcast.com
[email protected]
elangtv2000
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: lotocone » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:55 am

Thanks for the podcasts Greg. I enjoyed both of them. Dave spoke at a Lotus Owners Gathering in the 80s in I think. He was so fast in his Elan race car that they kept making him add weight, until it was hard for him to compete. I think I have that right. It has been a long time...

Bob
Bob
1969 S4
lotocone
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:29 am

Thanks for your comments, Bob. You're right - more weight, smaller chokes, until it was not possible to keep winning, hence the move on to formula cars and sports racers.

If you haven't stopped by the web site in the last few days, please do so - I've completely redesigned it for a better look and easier navigation. Our episodes are now hosted on a dedicated podcast hosting site, linked through our web site, so we'll have no issues with bandwidth limitations, which was already starting to occur.

We've had listeners from 22 countries so far, and quite a few listeners have sent emails. I'll be adding a photo gallery for listeners' cars, so if you'd like to submit something, please do!

Dave and I have recorded a great 3rd episode, covering vintage race clubs, race groups, cost ranges for cars, getting a race license, and more. I have some guitar parts to cut, then edit and mix, and will then post to our web site.

Today I submitted our podcast to iTunes. As I understand, it could take 7-9 days for them to review, approve, and then list in the iTunes store.

Cheers,

Greg Tatarian

[email protected]
http://vintageracingpodcast.com
elangtv2000
Third Gear
Third Gear

Next

Total Online: