Lotus Elan

How many "FIA GTS10 " cars are currently racing?

PostPost by: Frogelan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:24 pm

I went this summer to Francorchamps to watch the Spa Summer Classic (the excellent event where entry is free, not the expensive P***r Auto event) and was pleased to see 22 Elans taking part.

This lead me, as a keen anorak, to look through my own photos of all the GTS cars (in Europe) that I could find as well as those freely available on the internet. After prodding a few friends for other photos, I have come up with 101 cars which have been on the track in the last 5 years.

One of the reasons for doing this was to see what colour schemes were popular and here are the results:

Black 6
Blue 31
Green 18
Grey / silver 8
Gold/ yellow / orange 11
Red 13

I have prepared a list with a photo / brief details per car and would be happy to share this (8 page PDF) with existing forum members who make a request.

As suggested by one of my friends, I will not post this in the public domain as I have borrowed a few photos from Google images / screen snaps etc and I do not want to be chased by aggrieved snappers, wives, girlfriends, taxmen etc...
1965 Lotus Elan S2 26/4022 (originally Dutchess Lotus East, PA and NJ Area, USA)
Frogelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: seriouslylotus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:24 pm

I would like a copy please
I'm currently assembling an S2 GTS car with many many ££££ of parts from TTR!!
Currently undecided on colour or colour scheme, so this will help immensely
seriouslylotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Frogelan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Happy to send out the list but it is a 11 Mo PDF and even cut up this is too heavy!

Please send your personal e-mail address by PM...

Thanks

Andrew
1965 Lotus Elan S2 26/4022 (originally Dutchess Lotus East, PA and NJ Area, USA)
Frogelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: wildbillorr » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:09 pm

I would be most grateful for the album.

Cheers, Bill Orr, a really old Lotus follower -- [email protected]
wildbillorr
New-tral

Total Online: