Is it a Sprint??

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:02 am

Pedro
I have found Dave Bean much quicker to deal with by phone as they are very slow in replying to emails. Give them a call -- being in California they may even have someone there who speaks some Spanish !

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: hatman » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:08 am

rgh0 wrote: -- being in California they may even have someone there who speaks some Spanish !

Er, I don't think they speak Spanish in Portugal Rohan. 8)
hatman
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:34 am

Perdo,
Paul Matty is listing the S4/Sprint Owners Manual part # X050T0342G

Their contact details are here:
http://www.paulmattysportscars.co.uk/

Are you sure that it is the Owners Manual that the authorities require, or the registration/title document, which proves ownership?

Cheers,
Pete.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:18 pm

The difference between Spanish and Portugese is small and they can usually understand each other I thought. But then again with my Orstralian I struggle with understanding English and mericans so what do I know :wink:

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pmpsantos » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi!
Thank you all! I'll try to contact Paul Matty!
Yes they want to see the owners manual because the elan never had homologation in Portugal...They want to see if it is original...
And, Yes, we undestand spanish very well, it's not just so simple, but it's the nearest country, We usually went there in the holidays!!
We also understand English, we have it on school about 4 years and well, its universal!!
Thank you all since anyone have it in pdf, I'll buy it!...
My email is [email protected] if you find it anywhere on the Net.

Once more,

Thank you all!
Pedro.
pmpsantos
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:46 am

The guys have covered most of the technical side of a RHD to LHD conversion.
The practicality of driving a RHD Elan on European B roads is something you will have to try.
I drive my RHD Elan on country roads in Germany & enjoy the experience very much except when a "Sunday driver" is in front.
It is difficult to overtake when the roads are twisty & undulating.
The Elan is so low that you cannot see through the "Sunday drivers" car.
I have only driven one LHD Elan & found the positioning of the pedals to be extremely close to each other for some reason. I kept stamping on two at a time.
I don't know if that problem was unique to that particular car; but for that reason alone I would not convert my car to LHD.
I hope you enjoy your new toy!
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: