Lotus Dimentia (dimensions)

PostPost by: archigator » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:46 pm

Does anybody have any info on the following three parts missing or badly mangled on my Sprint Coupe?

1. Dimensions for the Parcel Shelf Bracket (pg 265 Buckland book) that holds up the shelf at the rear window? How many brackets are there?

2. Photograph of the two pieces that divert air at the bottom of the radiator? What are they made of? It appears to be heavy chipboard sprayed with undercoating...

3. Also does anyone have a good source for the headliner?

Thanks!

Gary
'71 Elan Sprint
Miami, FL
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:48 pm

archigator wrote:1. Dimensions for the Parcel Shelf Bracket (pg 265 Buckland book) that holds up the shelf at the rear window? How many brackets are there?
2. Photograph of the two pieces that divert air at the bottom of the radiator? What are they made of? It appears to be heavy chipboard sprayed with undercoating...
3. Also does anyone have a good source for the headliner?
'71 Elan Sprint
Miami, FL

Hi Gary,
1 Dont think I can help with the dimensions for the brackets with out stripping mine and dont really feel like doing that :roll:
2 Not sure but thought there is only one piece to divert air flow under radiator? .....not chipboard but a soft black cardbord type material....about 3 or 4 mm thick (pure guess :? )
3 Headliner...I bought and fitted one from Paul Matty a couple of years ago
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: PeterDraper » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:14 am

Hope this is of help Gary My elan has the original one peice rad board in a meterial like stiff card board. I think all still avalible from Sue Miller. Alsothe brest of the bits you mention. The rear window shelf has 4 angle brackets I think, I can check if you wish
Peter
PeterDraper
New-tral

PostPost by: archigator » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:54 am

Thanks, I'll give Sue a call.

Gary
'71 Elan Sprint
Miami, FL
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:56 am

Hi Gary

I drew this clip from memory, all dimentions are guesses and may have to be adjusted. They are made from a rather thin spring steel, you may not be able to bend them up from this kind of stock.The 1/2 inch hook portion that goes in the slot of the rear screen seal and should not be so long as to protrude and be visible. This is the profile of the clip in question, I believe that there are 5 its not somthing that is easy to see. They only have to support the weight of the parcel shelf and a hat or two. I thought I had some but I guess I stole them to complete another project...

Gary
Attachments
P7150003.jpg and
trim clip coupe.jpg
width is closer to 5/8"
trim clip coupe.jpg (10.79 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: archigator » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:21 pm

Thanks Gary! Using your sketch, I may give it a shot to try and fabricate them myself.

another Gary
'71 Elan Sprint FHC
Miami, FL
archigator
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:15 pm

I seem to remember there being two different types, one that I made the sketch of and another that is closer to where the roof buttresses are (B piller). Its been a couple years and I cant be sure. The parts manual lists there being 7 of the same so I don't know. The number in the parts book is BB85 part number 36 B 540. I found a couple of pictures of the ones I stole to use in 36/5520. The parcel shelf was drawn from a cardboard template I made, luckily it was a bad pattern or else you wouldn't be able to see the clips at all.

Update: 8 - 21 - 2010
More photos

Yes the sreen has to come out to replace them. Or putting another way, I would remove the rear screen rather than risk breaking it or damaging the paint.

Gary
Attachments
Parcel tray clips1.JPG and
you can see two of the clips through the air gap, the rear window gasket filled this gap quite nicely.
Parcel tray clips.JPG and
I used 5 to support, thats what I was able to borrow from another project. you can see the spacing in the photo.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: