Christopher Neils New Web Site

PostPost by: pmallinson » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:46 am

Hi

Is it just me or is the new web site for CN a retrograde step in that its slower, more complicated, more difficult to use and search PLUS I personally cannot get the parts listing page to work at all ?? :evil:

I get a new window trying to open up with the web address http://62.73.160.224/acatalog/ but it always comes back page not available :roll:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Cheers
Peter Mallinson
[email protected]
pmallinson
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:08 am

Why does that not surprise me, I ordered some parts last March and got an automated reply confirming...........never heard another word about them and no response to emails, O.K. I was never charged on my credit card.......but if they don't want the business ...so be it :evil:
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:11 pm

CN blew it for me years ago, claiming they had sent something, when they most definitely had NOT. They jerked me around for about two weeks, and I swore I would never ever use them again. And I haven't.
Streets ahead in my opinion is Susan Miller, I use her for just about everything Lotus. As an example I called her today, as I need a rear brake calliper bleed nipple, not a lot of money I know, but she has sent it with a little invoice to pay her when I order something else, ( as it's too little money for a credit card) therefore she has not taken any money! Now THAT'S what I call service!
Kind regards
Jeff 72 +2
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: martinbrowning » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:28 am

I must say that I have to agree with Jeff. Susan Miller is the place to go for friendly service and advice. I also find Paul matty offers a great no problem too small service. Both streets ahead of others in the field.

Martin B
martinbrowning
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:52 pm

I agree, Sue Miller gets my vote every time, she is very helpful and never charges overpriced postage rates either.

Carl
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:29 am

CN and I departed company for similar reasons to those mentioned above. Noone's perfect of course, but Sue's very pleasant to deal with so gets my vote.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pmallinson » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:16 am

Hey this a a great giggle for me :D

It seems that many people have the very same impression as me of CN :shock:

Back in 1981 I had the pleasure :?: of my first ever visit to CN when a friend of mine bought a converted (to open top) +2 from him for which he part exchanged his Lotus Europa lightweight model which he had restored.

We then bravely (or was it stupidly :? such a fine line) for St Fergus in Scotland the other side of Aberdeen and Peterhead in the said +2.

We made about 60 miles of the 450 mile journey from CN's to said location when travelling at a great speed down the slip road onto the A1 my friend announced NO BRAKES :shock: narrowly avoiding lorries and other traffic on the A1 we manages to get back onto the hard shoulder and crawl off at the next junction which luckily was about 200 yards. On inspection the suspension movement had chopped the brand new brake pipe installed during the +2 rebuild :evil: a phone call to CN had them send a lorry out for recovery and bring the Europa back for us to continue to work !!

Hope you enjoyed this little ditty from amy years ago

Cheers
Peter Mallinson
[email protected]
pmallinson
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Emma-Knight » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:07 pm

My DPO's PO had receipts in my cars paperwork stating: fit roof - GBP 90
It takes me quite an effort to build back or forward to what it should be. Fibreglass work on cantrail etc. The whole thing was sold new by the same dealer. A pitty, as the parts were brand new and good quality. Front of one cantrail was chopped, as someone forgot to do the little cut outs for the windscreen frame.

Anna :roll:
1965 S2
Emma-Knight
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: fasterbyelan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:51 pm

I lost confidence in CN's years ago when they had me over regarding excessive postage cost (using air freight to a BFPO address - ouch :!: ). They always seem to have a 'wide boy' attitude.

Both Sue and PM really know there stuff AND care which still counts a lot for me. And lets not forget the local motor factors who in my experience cannot do enough to help you out 8)
Karl 8)

1970 S4 FHC SE
fasterbyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: freddy22112211 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:04 pm

The oil pressure gauge CN sent goes to 100 lbs instead of 60. You'd think that 'Lotus Experts' would know that's not so good. Gordon
1972 LHD Sprint 5 Cabriolet - sold!
freddy22112211
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: msd1107 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:52 am

A lot of the oil pressure gauges went to 100 psi.

Theoretically, in a road car, you only need a 60 psi display.

However, I have only seen one 60 psi dual gauge in looking on Ebay.

But you should press to get the gauge you want. After all, on a 100 psi gauge, normal running pressure is not even half scale, not what is desired.

This same problem exists for other car makes.

David
1968 36/7988
msd1107
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alan71 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:36 pm

The 0-60 psi gauge is still available, ?87 from Holden.
http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct. ... de=070.029

Alan.
alan71
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gordonlund » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:21 pm

Sorry to hear you guys have had such problems with CN.

For myself I have used them for years and had little cause for complaint. Being just down the road from where I work they are convenient, but I use them a lot for postal services. QED, Paul Matty, Banks Service Station, I have used them all. It would be a sorry state if we only had one supplier of Classic Lotus Spares. Try and get spares for a 40 year old Ford if you can!!!

Don Broughton does a good job and must satisfy lots of customers world wide. If they were that crap they would not be in business long.

Gordon
gordonlund
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: AussieJohn » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:45 pm

I have used CN since 1985 and found them generally good except on two occasions, front caliper pistons with too small a radius on the back edge which chopped up the seals and rear damper castellated nuts which were 10 thou too small which chopped up the damper threads. this pi**ed me off at the time but found them fast and reliable. John.
AussieJohn
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: prloz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:08 am

Hi Alan,
Off topic I know, but the 0-60 psi gauge has the wrong fonts - doesn't match the rest of the gauges !
Silly thing is, the incorrect 0-100 psi gauge has the correct fonts !
Regards,
Peter.
prloz
Second Gear
Second Gear

Next

Total Online: