Classicar Automotive

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:25 am

Has anyone had any problems getting their deposits back from these guys?

I bought two calipers from them, one in October last year and one last February, each with a ?15.00 surcharge until I sent back the old ones.

Since returning the old calipers (each returned within a month of receiving the new units) I have repeatedly called/faxed them to ask where my refund was. Every time they say 'oh we are just doing that now'.

I don't like casting aspersions but I am starting to think they have no intention of giving back my deposit. :evil:

As I say, has anyone else had a problem?
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:16 am

I have used these guys twice over the last few years - 1stly for replacement (exchange) front calipers about 4 years ago, & 3 weeks ago for a new servo.

They've always sent items within a day or two, with no faults in the orders.

No connections with them, just my experience. They are a small outfit though, so if you want to speed them up I would just suggest you keep trying..
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:07 am

Robbie?I?ve never had a problem with them either, in fact they?ve been hugely helpful over the past 20 years or so I?ve been having brakes done by them. They are probably more engineers than businessmen, but my experience has been that the last thing they?d want to do is to rip you off.

Think cock up rather than conspiracy :D ?and maybe arrange to meet them at Stoneleigh?
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:21 pm

Ditto the above,but all my dealings with them have been face to face...

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:23 pm

P.S.
Congratulations to myself for obtaining "overdrive"

John :wink: :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bruce Crowthorne » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:39 pm

I can only echo what has already been said.
I dropped mine off (managed to arrange a meeting close by in Wilmslow) and collected them. So I didn't have any deposits etc.

However, their premises are "modest" and definiately an engineers workshop!!! Meeting them face to face, my impression is that they are VERY straight and honest.

However, like any busy engineer, doing the paperwork may not be at the top of their priority list .....

So I can sympathise with your frustration, but suggest you hassle them by phone or meet them at Stoneleigh.

Once again, no connection, just a happy customer
Bruce
Bruce Crowthorne
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:30 pm

Thanks chaps,

That gives me a little more faith - I'll hassle them again
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:20 pm

I live just down the road from them, never had a problem. There are only two of them (as far as I know) they are both very much hands-on and they are always very busy. They attend quite a few shows, etc at week-end, so maybe they are just over-stretched.

Cheers,
Pete.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:12 pm

Robbie, I have always found them excellent when dealing with them & they are always friendly & willing with advice when i have spoke to them at the shows. I'm sure you will not have a problem but as the others have already said, they are probably really busy.

Good luck

Adam
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:01 am

Forgot to update on this,

Lo and behold, a week after my question I had a credit note with the surcharge credited and with ?10.00 extra for late payment.

You were all right - they're just very busy. The note said they found the invoices whilst clearing up some old paperwork.

Friends again
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: