Federal S4 with foglights?

PostPost by: collins_dan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:14 pm

My S4 has a different front light configuration and body than any other I have seen. Under the front bumper, the body has been reshaped to integrate fog lamps. Was this an option, or a PO going creative? Thanks. Dan
Attachments
lotus 017(1024x900)1.JPG and
collins_dan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:10 pm

The body obviously has been cut out to accept the lights. What does the fiberglass work look like behind the lights?
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: collins_dan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:30 pm

The fiberglass work is very well done, which is why I questioned if it was an option or an aftermarket kit. I'm considering either replacing these with round MINI foglights, because I really don't like the look of these rectangular ones or getting advice on how to go back to the original configuration, if its not too difficult. Dan
collins_dan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cbxbikenut » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:35 pm

This is the exact same modification that was done to my Series 4 Sprint. I was told the previous owner had it done by the factory prior to delivery. Mine had Lucas Square 8s installed when I got it. The only problem was the Square 8s had a plastic housing, not the steel housing. It seems that the bulb generates enough heat to melt the housing if you forget to turn them off while sitting still. I guess there is no problem while moving to keep them cool.
cbxbikenut
New-tral

Total Online: