A couple more Q's

PostPost by: jimbo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:25 am

A quick update. I've made contact with the eBay seller who's PC apparently crashed so couldn't get access to my details, blah, blah, blah. :?

In theory the airbox will be with me tomorrow. I'll post an update on quality etc just in case anyone else is interested in them.
jimbo
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jimbo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:43 pm

Well the good news the airbox has arrived and is finished to a very high standard. It fits the back plate perfectly. The seller emailed me the tracking no. for the package and included fixings with the box which was a nice touch. Overall I'm very happy. :D

The combination of a new back plate (Christopher Neil), new airbox, flexible pipe and K&N (supplied by Cliveyboy) should really smarten up my engine bay! :wink:
jimbo
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Dave-M » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:20 am

James'
I am happy you are pleased with your airbox. It's me who makes and sells them.
My computer hard drive really did fail and caused untold problems with my work and ebay.
Just to give you a little more info on these airboxes:-
I originally made one for my plus 2s as the original was decidedly tatty and I thought I may as well improve on the original so I made it to give plenty of clearance for no4 bellmouth as that cylinder get's a hard enough time as it is.
Incorporated in the flange which mates to the backplate are several tows of carbon fibre to prevent bowing of the top and bottom edges.
There are 6 seperate stages in making this item and each stage is left to cure fully to prevent any distortion.
The cost is in line with a standard airbox.
If anyone would like to buy one you can PM me on here or keep an eye on ebay as I list on there from time to time.
Regards
Dave
Dave-M
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jimbo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:52 am

Dave-M wrote:James'
My computer hard drive really did fail and caused untold problems with my work and ebay.

I never doubted you for a second Dave :roll: ... honest!

Excellent product though ... 8)
jimbo
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: