car through MOT.... But...

PostPost by: tdafforn » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:27 pm

Car got through its MOT after a 12 month layup having the engine rebuilt..
Slight fly in the ointment though.
Clutch hydraulics seem reluctant to bleed (new slave and master)
Tim
tdafforn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: neilsjuke » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:41 pm

Is the bleed nipple above the pipe.
neilsjuke
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: tdafforn » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:58 pm

yep.
Will have another go when I am not rushing..
Tim
tdafforn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pmallinson » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:44 pm

Tim

A good way to remove stubborn air is to flow in reverse :shock:

Make sure you have some spare level in your master cylinder and then get someone to watch inside it while you ( or even better if you can persuade the other person to grovel out underneath while you watch the master cylinder :lol: :wink: ) go underneath with an oil can full of the required brake /clutch fluid.
fix a bit of suitable pipe the the oil can and pump up fluid to fill this then connect the open end to the slave cylinder bleed nipple, open the bleed screw and pump the oil can.
This forces fluid back into the slave cylinder and any air "SHOULD" by the laws of physics be expelled from the top of this cylinder up through the connecting pipe and bubble out through the master cylinder reservoir,
Just make sure the master cylinder doesn't overflow and strip paint off anything :roll:

This method I have found to be really useful on many cars when they are proving difficult to bleed either Clutch or brakes I have done both.

PS: on a happier note I changed my slave cylinder seals last year and 2 pumps of the peddle and all was perfect :D as described somewhere in another thread. I was accused of having the 'luck of the Irish' even though I'm and englishman living there :) :shock:

Cheers
Peter Mallinson
[email protected]
pmallinson
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: