Break in at Sue Miller's

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Adam (et al)
I would like to echo everyones words,(and thankfully a plus2 owner- so will not be receiving many of the stolen goods) but fail to see how we can police fleabay etc....as a head, is a head, is a head?

Or am I missing something?

John(no smilie this time)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi

I was shocked to hear about this as I moved out of London to get away from this kind of thing and now live not far from Sue. When I ran a garage I had my wallet stolen from my coat which I left over a chair with a customer and only noticed later that night when I went to get petrol. It is gutting but I would do the same again as I would rather lose a few quid then think of every customer as a scumbag that would do these things.

It is upsetting but I think you have to look at it that most people are very nice and really are grateful for what Sue does and the way she does it and these other people are thankfully a minority.

Keep up the good work Sue and remember we do appreciate you and don't let the buggers grind you down!

Jason
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:11 pm

This is a sickening reminder of the scumbags floating around the edges of our society, hopefully they will be caught and properly punished, I pity any poor unsuspecting souls who buy the cars these parts may end up on.

Nobody deserves this to happen to them.

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Pretty much want to echo what everyone has said already, I can't believe that anyone would do this kind of thing, but we seem to live in a society that is all about greed and envy.
I really hope the old bill catch these people and return everything to Sue. I for one will always use Sue every time and recommend her to everyone else. First class service every single time. Have said so on the forum before.
Best wishes to Sue and family from a Plus 2 nut.
Jeff Taylor-Jackson.
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:06 am

I believe there are a few things we can do to help Sue and make life difficult for the thieves. In the process protect unsuspecting buyers and protect our beloved marque.
Firstly we should make it widely publicised that there are a couple of potential ringers/stolen parts likely to come onto the market in the future.
Unless the thieves have faked receipts from the usual Lotus suppliers they will not have paper work for the chassis ,engine parts,rebuilds etc. There are only a couple of places you can buy a chassis from anyway.
If we can fore warn potential buyers that cars like ours come with lots of bills and any missing receipts for large parts should be treated with caution we can hopefully close down the market for these stolen parts.
People like Paul Matty keep records of who buys from them and can help verify if parts were bought from them, and Sue Miller probably knows how many sugars the buyer had in ther tea.
The Elan world is much smaller than we think and Elan.net is usually first place to look if you are thinking of buying an Elan so we have an opportunity to educate and hopefully protect new owners.
Most of us know each other and what cars we have and new cars appearing on the market seldom go unnoticed by someone on the net, posting the usual link so we can all gloat/compare/derise etc.
Unless the parts are shipped out of the UK to a country not inhabited by one of our members I personally think that the thieves will have trouble trying to go totally unnoticed.
Lets make it as difficult as possible for them.

Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi

I do not know about Lotus Chassis but Spyder ones has numbers on them, has the stolen one numbered in any way? Also did Sue also have a block stolen? Whats the number on this?

Any other serial numbers on anything would make not buying stolen parts easier?

Jason
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi All,
I spoke to Sue today, and she was telling me all the property that was stolen, and it WAS A LOT. A brand new head, a block, A chassis, a seat, a box of new Powermax pistons ( and you know you can't get these anymore) new front covers, air and oil filters, spark plugs, a new Plus two dashboard (taken by mistake) and loads of other stuff I can't remember.
This is an appalling thing to happen, and it sickens me. Sue was obviously targeted as the stuff was stolen to order. All of it was all for the Elan, none of the Plus two stuff was touched.

One way we could all help, is to try, where we can to make sure any of our future orders are from Sue. At least it will help her recoup some of the enormous amount of money she has lost. Let's all try to help her, as the old bill can't be bothered. We all need people like Sue Miller otherwise our pride and joy will be sat in the garage waiting for that elusive part for years.
Enough rambling, but you get where I'm coming from.
Regards
Jeff 72 +2 :cry:
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elan_fan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Needed a couple of bits and Mrs Miller got the order, as usual very nice to talk to. I have to say that all the nasty business aside Sue Miller has always been a 5* supplier.
elan_fan
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: