approved Lotus garage close to Newcastle?

PostPost by: thor » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:06 am

Can anyone help me here? In or around the Necastle area, is there a good garage?

Cheers,
Thor
thor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: wobblyweb » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:40 pm

Hi Thor,
do you mean Newcastle Upon Tyne?
There is a guy called Malcolm ? he used to be a foreman mechanic at the Lotus dealer that sold Elans. He works from a Garage in back of Goldspink Lane but he may only work part time now.
I live near Newcastle and have had my Elan Sprint for lots of years ,If I can help give me a shout. If this info is what you need let me know and I may be able to find his tel number and exact address.
wobblyweb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: thor » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:52 am

That sounds good. The reason I'm asking, is that I'll be buying a +2S/130 in the south, and then taking it on the ferry from Newcastle to Norway. My plan was to have it transported up there first, have it serviced to sort out any niggles. Then only drive 30minutes to the ferry, instead o 6hours in a car I dont know.......

Cheers,
Thor
thor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: wobblyweb » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:21 am

Thor
my wife works near the garage so I will ask her to pop around and find out opening time and a tel number.
I can meet you on a weekend and help you to find the garage if it helps.
wobblyweb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: thor » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:42 am

great, thanks. .. .No you see I'm IN Norway now, so will need to just book transport from London up to Newcastle..... would be great if you could find out..

Cheers,
Thor
thor
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: