First post! On a car hunt.

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:22 pm

Andy

This is your call! It will be your car and you are entitled to do with it what you want.

You say 'I really want a DHC for days out etc, but then I also have the aim of light track days, so do I go for a mint Sprint, or a sorted road and track ready Elan?'

Light track days would indicate that you just want an occasional blat around a circuit. Well, you could do that in your road prepared Sprint and still enjoy it for high days and holidays. It does not, of course, have to be a mint Sprint, unless that is what you want.

On the other hand if you want a fast road and/or reasonably competitive car you will probably have to do some preparation, in which case you can upgrade an S4 (or S1,S2 or S3 for that matter) to track spec, making it quicker than a Sprint and cheaper to buy in the first place.

Me, I would go for the Sprint every time, but then I'm biased!

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: LoTex » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Just speaking from my own perspective I wouldn't pay as much for a modified version, and in monitoring the online market it seems to me that race versions don't command the price that original (or those that have had useful technological upgrades) do. I could be wrong about that.

I have an S2 DHC but if I were ever to change out I would definitely go for a Sprint rather than an S4, which is purely a personal preference.

As Tim says, whatever makes you happy 8)

Steve
LoTex
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: