Sloppy Seconds

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Beauregard and I went for a ride in the S2 over to my friends last night to have a look at his LoCost project. He's been working on for a little over a year. Its got all the brackets on the chassis as well as the front suspension and engine and gearbox sitting in it but not yet mounted. Beau was eyeing the new 13-week-old black lab female and generally being the dog that he is. At around 9 p.m. we had seen enough and we headed north to get back home, about a 10 mile ride. The traffic was light and still about 75 degrees, just about perfect for a top down ride. We were going around 50 mph, there was a full sized Mercury sedan about 5 car lengths in front of us when I see the Merc straddle an object. By the time I figure out what it was its too late, Number 1, its dead, number 2, I don't brake for animals, dead or alive, I don't swerve either. The low beams pick it up and I can tell it?s big, just before it disappears I can see it?s a 40 pound dead Raccoon. I think to myself, this won't be pretty. The Spyder tow hook on the Elan gives about 3 and 1/2 inches of ground clearance and I hooked him good. We dragged him awhile, maybe 2 seconds before the front of the car lifted a couple inches and Beau looks at the floor like there someone knocking on the door, a half a second later the rear of the Elan picks up and drops back to level as the twice dead road kill is ejected out the back. We went out this morning, no stench or apparent problems, I guess we are good to go...

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pamitchell » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:57 pm

I have a recipe for racoon stew if you're interested........
Phil
Phil
1968 S4/SE FHC 36-7936
pamitchell
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:29 pm

slowly simmered on black asphalt over night and bring up to serving temp by noon?

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:51 am

Tabasco improves it, I'm told. :wink:

Did you think about making a 'coon skin hat, Mr Crocket?
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: