s2 33

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:14 pm

car is off at the body shop for removal of the ugly black paint under the nose and general touch up-----it ran poorly for a mile pooching and missing then it warmed up and ran like the wind [ 50 mph in 1st ] ----requires quite a bit of clutch slip to get mobile in 1st gear so im assuming there is a high gear in the diff---it has a cr gear box ---the flimsy wood steering wheel has to go-its like steering with a garden hose in a circle ---think ill get a 13 inch fat leather jobbie ---will post pics if I ever can figure how to on this site ed :lol:
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Ed,

A 13 inch fat leather kobbie - Motolita, it's got to be a Motolita. Got one on my +2. Expensive but Fab. Here's a link if you don't have it.

www.moto-lita.com/

I'll send you a photo if you need one.

Regards,

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:48 pm

Hamish good choice ----I was thinking maybe a momo 'D' shaped wheel to allow my million dollar right leg to slide under it when entering the car --how was le mans ? eat lots of snails- and froggy legs?--ed :P
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: frearther » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:35 am

Ed,
Re: <[ 50 mph in 1st ] > What sort of gearbox/final drive do you have? I can't get near that in first.

Art
26/4934
frearther
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:39 pm

well I havent really counted it yet ---but there is a lot of clutch slip required to get it off the mark-it would be a problem in traffic---but then again it was an old race car ---when it comes back from the painter I will count the wheel revs and the pully revolutions ---- ed
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:29 pm

Ed,

Unfortunately missed Le Mans by a week, bummer. Had to alter my holiday dates. :cry:

However, on the bright side we did get to the museum at Le Mans (well worth a visit) and to the Matra museum, that was something else. F1 stuff from Jacky Stewart's day and the amazing F1 Renault Espace. Also saw the Grand Prix De Tours Historique. It's great how the French just close the roads and go racing.
Didn't have frogs legs or snails; not for me I'm afraid. Now, the wine and the cheese was mighty fine, though.

Still oggling your photos of your elan. Really nice car. What a pity it's not in Scotland so I can see it close at hand.

Regards,

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:02 pm

i will send some more as soon as it gets back from the painter this week --decided on a personal D type 10 incher---may be removable--the old one in mounted on a 5 inch circle welded to the shaft with 6-- 1/4 inch screws --and there are air planes if you want to visit the Falls for a few days we have a bed -ed
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:34 pm

:oops: my face is red ----I just brought the car home from paint with the speedo hooked up----what I claimed as 50 was only 35---40 into the red line--but it felt like 50]---it is so much different than the 7 the feel fooled me ----sorry all ---- :shock: -ed
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: