Conversion from Fixed Head Coupe to Drop Head Coupe

PostPost by: lotus66 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:39 am

Hi, I've done it and it is NOT amoney making propositon. By the time you attend to all the little details, you'll have spent as much as the difeerence, all things being equal, between a FHC and a DHC. I've been watching prices an an S3 FHC is very close in price to a DHC. And very rare, more difficult to find than a DHC. Sell your coupe to a coupe fan and buy a nice S3 S4 DHC and enjoy yourself. Wirewheel has a very nice RHD S3 DHC for sale FYI. I've dealt with them many times. I just bought a S4 coupe from him to go with my S4 DHC. I feel your pain. Jim
lotus66
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:55 am

Frankly, for reasons of originality, I personally find perverting (or was it converting?) a FHC into a DHC similar to remodelling the Mona Lisa into Graffiti. Both are nice, but should be kept as they are.

On the other hand. Go ahead and convert it! The original FHC:s remaining will just increase in value then I guess. :)

You are allowed to call me purist, opportunist or fool. :P

//J
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: