If It ain`t .........TTR Grrrrrrrrrrr

PostPost by: nmauduit » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:15 pm

dontown1yets wrote:He was about to buy well over ?4,000 of parts for an Elan a percentage of which Mr T junior had just bought off me for under a ?1,000. Grrrrrrr !

well, why did you not offer the parts here first to get a feel for the market ?
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 pm

I can understand your frustration, but... TTR is a business like any other, whose purpose is to make money. So everything they sell you costs you more than they paid for it. Therefore, anything they offer to buy from you must be at a below market rate (logically speaking).

I think I'll go have a lie down. All this cynicism has worn me out. :D
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Frogelan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:59 am

As mentioned by Jon and Nicolas, TTR, Kelvedon, Paul Matty and the other key dealers need to make margins to survive and more importantly, in order to develop future parts. I'm personally impressed by their efforts to bring fairly obscure parts to market.

I think the point originally made is that what most of us need, is objective, helpful advice to specific questions and I suppose that when bombarded with the same questions day in day out a certain tired automatism kicks in.

It is possible, and it is completely understood by all of the fellows above including TTR, that you can hunt about to find original or S/H parts and in my experience they are all ok with that as that is what classic car ownership involves.

Having bought a very sketchy project, I'm trying to find the most original (S/H) parts which are appropriate and serviceable rather than to adopt "open cheque book" the approach that obviously some customers are able to do.
1965 Lotus Elan S2 26/4022 (originally Dutchess Lotus East, PA and NJ Area, USA)
Frogelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: