So what does your Elan/Plus2 look like today?

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Gordon,

Thank you for your kind comment. If you like the cars, you would really like the roads we have on which to exercise them.If you or anyone else on this forum are ever in Denver, call me or email me to arrange your own photo opportunity. They are always fueled and insured and ready to play.

Ross
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: brettengelaz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:05 pm

Mine is undergoing open-block surgery, should be back on the track later this month.. Our season is just starting here in Arizona..
Brett.
Attachments
LotusEngineRebuildAugust201.jpg and
Brett Engel
'67 Elan VR, '52 MGTD, '16 MX5 Club
Phoenix, AZ
brettengelaz
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Coupe » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:17 am

John Larkin wrote:This is my Elan this afternoon just after we returned from a four day 800 mile drive around Ireland in aid of a children's hospice. We travelled with the Triumph Classic Owners Club of Ireland. Forty two cars, sixty two people and great camaraderie. We raised ?41000. My car's only wobbler was a failed bonnet locking mechanism. I cured it with an acre of duct tape. The car got happier the more we drove. I got 37 MPG.

John Larkin.

Well done, a very good effort for a good cause. Did you venture into County Mayo ?
Ben
Coupe
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: John Larkin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:43 am

Coupe wrote:
John Larkin wrote:This is my Elan this afternoon just after we returned from a four day 800 mile drive around Ireland in aid of a children's hospice. We travelled with the Triumph Classic Owners Club of Ireland. Forty two cars, sixty two people and great camaraderie. We raised ?41000. My car's only wobbler was a failed bonnet locking mechanism. I cured it with an acre of duct tape. The car got happier the more we drove. I got 37 MPG.

John Larkin.

Well done, a very good effort for a good cause. Did you venture into County Mayo ?
Ben

Hi Ben,

We travelled from Leenaun through Westport and stopped for a couple of hours in Castlebar. Then it was onwards to Ballina, Sligo and Co Donegal. The R336 road from Inverin and the N59 from Leenaun are tough on exhaust and suspension. The scenery was spectacular.

John Larkin.
1967 S3SE FHC, 1974 Rover P6B, 1949 Lancia Aprilia
John Larkin
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:08 am

John Larkin wrote:
Coupe wrote:

John Larkin.

Ben

Hi Ben,

We travelled from Leenaun through Westport and stopped for a couple of hours in Castlebar. Then it was onwards to Ballina, Sligo and Co Donegal. The R336 road from Inverin and the N59 from Leenaun are tough on exhaust and suspension. The scenery was spectacular.

John Larkin.

John,
What better reason for an Elan trip? Well done, indeed.
"The car got happier the more we drove. I got 37 MPG". That speaks volumes. Blowing the cobwebs away = a good tune up, for free...well almost.
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Coupe » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:39 pm

John Larkin wrote:
Coupe wrote:

John Larkin.

Ben

Hi Ben,

John Larkin.

My wife still has her old family home near Belmullet so we know Mayo roads well 'though mostly in hire cars from Knock Airport.
Coupe
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: spanner » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:07 pm

It looks like a 46 year old car.....

Jim
Attachments
gaiter.jpg and
oozing tach.jpg and
gone missing.jpg and
crazy sound.jpg and
spanner
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: syrius » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:06 pm

This one will be arrive next thusday at home .
A+ :wink:
Serge
Attachments
DSC06369.jpg and

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
syrius
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: PanoGuy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:19 am

I didn't get it very far out of the garage, but it really does exist. It runs though I have not been driving it in the rain of the last week or so. I have been looking at the front end to see if I want to tackle the bump-steer.
I've attended over 20 LOG events and never brought this car that I have owned 25 years. But it is great fun on these rural Appalachian roads.
Attachments
Elan Sprint White 71.jpg and
PanoGuy
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 am

So tell us about your new purchase Serge.

LMS
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: robertverhey » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:22 pm

What does it look like today? well since you ask.....

Not much progress since purchase.....but soon, work will begin. Parts being collected including this....

NOS Spyder chassis, ready and waiting.
Last edited by robertverhey on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
robertverhey
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Galwaylotus » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:03 pm

spanner wrote:It looks like a 46 year old car.....

Jim

New shift lever gaiters are available and not very dear. I replaced mine and bought a second at the same time. Sprayed each liberally with Armor All and put the spare in a plastic bag for future use. Pretty much eliminated the fumes in the cockpit! :D
Mechanical Engineer, happily retired!

'67 S3 SE FHC

See Facebook page: W J Barry Photography

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Galwaylotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: syrius » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:37 pm

512BB wrote:So tell us about your new purchase Serge.

LMS

I will come back for a complet presentation next week when the car will be at home
I bought them on Ebay there are 2 month ago .
I have a contact in california , this man make a road test and have a look around the car , but may be I will have a lot of surprises
Wait and see

A+ :wink:
Serge
Attachments
elan.jpg and

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
syrius
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: crannyr » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Finished the Sprint in Nov 2010. Both now running daily.
Attachments
067.jpg and
crannyr
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: spanner » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Galwaylotus wrote: Pretty much eliminated the fumes in the cockpit! :D

Thanks Galwaylotus. Fumes? I always "fly" open cockpit.

Jim
spanner
Second Gear
Second Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: