I also repaired the cracks in the door panels with new glass work, installed new foam and recovered in new recycled leather cloth. And I replaced all of the door panel clips with new hardware. I chose to redo the door panels in black with dark gray inserts.
As this was the first I’ve done any interior work, there was a lot of trial and error. The carpeting turned out pretty good. But I’m not completely satisfied with how the door panels turned out. The leather cloth was extremely difficult to fit over the interior recesses. I found it impossible to fit without some exposed cuts to allow it to form to the contours. If it continues to bug me, I may enlist the help of a professional to redo them.
Here are a few pictures of the progress.
- Second Gear
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 13 Sep 2018
- Location: Reston, VA USA
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests