Under Wing Pics

PostPost by: JonnyPlus2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:25 am

Hello Lads,

I'm about to restore the under wing area on the rear of my Elan S3 FHC. Since both sides had been damaged and very poorly repaired I have removed these areas from my car. I would like to restore the area to a decent approximation of what it originally looked like.

What I would really like is some pictures from the point of view of a camera resting on it's back on the top of the rear tires and looking straight up. If anyone can help me out, please attach the pics here or PM me and we can arrange something. Many Thanks,

Best regards,
Jonny
Best,
Jonny B
36/6322
JonnyPlus2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Brad B » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:15 am

I have a 67 DHC, (45/6395). I?m not an Elan expert, but I?m pretty sure my car is in very original condition. If you are comfortable my car would be the same as your FHC, I?ll take a tire off and get you some pictures.
Brad B
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: JonnyPlus2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi Brad,

That would be super. Thanks much. Either rear would be great.
Best,
Jonny B
36/6322
JonnyPlus2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Brad B » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:50 am

Johnny
Photos of the inside of an Elan rear wing / fender are not the most flattering view of these cars. I thought by providing several you might make sense of it. I can try again if you think of something else that would help. Below is a link to a google photo album with my results.
Good luck with your project, Brad

https://photos.app.goo.gl/16j47x3gtMqSVT8w5
Brad B
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: