KO Spinners Bevel Angle

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Sorry, no.
I sold my 1973 +2S130/4 a few Years ago and now it lives in the West Indies on a French Island Guadeloupe .
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elj221c » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:44 pm

BTW, this subject was pretty much done to death here.......

lotus-suspension-f42/alloy-wheel-collar-needed-t25785.html
Roy
'65 S2
elj221c
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: My72Sprint » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Here's a thrust ring engineering drawing I believe for Panasport wheels. Angle shows 52 deg.
Attachments
Panasport-elan-wheels.pdf
thrust ring
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Tim Bartlett, Sprint 183K
My72Sprint
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:33 pm

I wrote about this on the original thread referred to and did a mating with paint of the Nader nuts with the lotus brand alloy wheels in an attempt to show that there was what appeared to be the same mating services as would be on the steel wheels. I also had ?steel wheel only? nader nuts and just because I didn?t want that to be on my alloy wheels set up, replaced them with unmarked nader ones and again saw no difference in the mating surface. At the time I said I hadn?t driven on them so I didn?t know how they would do and now I have for several years including a run up pikes Peak and have had no problems with the wheels coming loose. The only problem I had was the migration of the pegs out of the hub into the alloy wheels which I solved with longer pegs that secure the full depth of the alloy holes and now five years after the run up pikes Peak still no problems with anything coming loose nor any galling. Gordon Sauer
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:57 pm

tedtaylor wrote:the issue of the inserts and metal types has to be one of two things:
1) electrolysis? differing metals creating corrosion by contact, or;
2) metallurgy? differing "strengths" of the different metals not compatible? harder steel crushing weaker alloy?

ok, you scientists and engineers out there......chime in! :)

I'm sincere. Why the need for the washer? Didn't see any explanation in the other longer thread either...
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: