Somewhat strange numbering?

PostPost by: Tmac897 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 pm

knockoffnut wrote:... Just out of curiosity how many miles have you put on yours in the last 45 years?

Not nearly enough, would be the best answer. Unfortunately, it's been off the road longer than it's been on the road. Started a restoration quite a few years ago, when it had 60,000+ miles on it. I was young, and wanted it to be "faster." Had some setbacks, and then life got in the way. Never could part with it, though, and I've moved it with me through 3 moves. Not as easy as it sounds, because the engine is out, the body off the frame, and the suspension removed from the frame. Lots of lifting!!

I'm restarting the long overdue restoration now. Hope your 40 years have been better!
Tony
1967 Elan S3 SE
Northeast US
Tmac897
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:44 am

Tony

Thank you for getting the information on your car. This is the factory info I have for it:

Unit No: 6127
Elan Type: 45 DHC
Engine No: LP 6777
Invoice Date: 22 September 1966

This is well into Series 3 production and, assuming your car went straight from Hethel to the US, it would be to SE specification. It clearly took around 4 months for the car to cross the pond, clear customs, get transported to the importer/dealer and then registered.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tmac897 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:26 am

trw99 wrote:Tony

Thank you for getting the information on your car. This is the factory info I have for it:

Unit No: 6127
Elan Type: 45 DHC
Engine No: LP 6777
Invoice Date: 22 September 1966

This is well into Series 3 production and, assuming your car went straight from Hethel to the US, it would be to SE specification. It clearly took around 4 months for the car to cross the pond, clear customs, get transported to the importer/dealer and then registered.

Tim

Thank you for the information, Tim! I knew it was an S3, but I didn?t think it was an SE, so that will be very helpful.
Tony
1967 Elan S3 SE
Northeast US
Tmac897
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: