tyres

PostPost by: prezoom » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:13 pm

I have had good luck using Lucas tires over the past 17 years. They are close enough that shipping is an option as opposed to an easy drive to pick the tires. Over the years, Vredestine tires have been my first choice, but in the 13" size the 165's are no longer available for the Plus2. In the past, I have chosen the largest tires in circumference that will fit within the wheel well for the simple reason that in my part of the world, long slogs on freeways is pretty much mandatory if you want to go any place, and cruising along at 5k plus rpm to keep from getting run over is not the most pleasant way to travel long distances. The Elan is probably overdue for some new tires, and Cinturatos are on the shopping list.
Rob Walker
26-4889
50-0315N
1964 Sabra GT
1964 Elva Mk4T Coupe (awaiting restoration)
1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero, 302,AOD,9",rack and pinion,disc,etc,etc,etc
1954 Nash Healey LeMans Coupe

Owning a Lotus will get you off the couch
prezoom
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Sinbad007 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:35 pm

Hej Dougal

Since Boris's "deal" buying anything from UK is now a licence to be ripped off by all and sundry! Everyone involved is whacking up charges for non existants. I have had so many appalling situations. 20 quid ebay items become 100+ quid! But, I'll give you a chance......

I can get a set of 4 XAS delivered to my door here in Sweden for 750 quid all in sent from another EU country. No extras. If you can compete with that we can talk more?

I am not yet sure which way to go with these but it's always good to get the groundwork done in winter ready for tearing up summer lanes later????
Sinbad007
New-tral

PostPost by: SimonH » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:21 pm

Sinbad007 wrote:I can get a set of 4 XAS delivered to my door here in Sweden for 750 quid all in sent from another EU country. No extras. If you can compete with that we can talk more?

If you can get them for that I would as they are £200 ex VAT here each, that's the bit you save now as you pay VAT and duties at port I believe? if you can get a set of them £50 cheaper than they sell them without the taxes here I'd take it.
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: simonriley11 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:40 am

Just to mention that I believe you will need inner tubes as well for the XAS
simonriley11
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: