How do I know if mine is an SE?

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:59 pm

l10tus wrote:Different!
I also notice the polished aluminium rail around the rear of the cockpit area, appears to be in the wrong place?
Seems the rail was positioned about 40mm down from the top edge, but your one appears to be flush with the top???
Interested to know - does it also have carpets?

It's just an artifact of the photograph which doesn't show the edge of the bodywork clearly. The clue is the end of the SE stripe up the boot, where it stops at the black vertical section above the child ejector is the edge of the bodywork. It can also be seen just above the door aperture and can be detected all the way round if you expand the picture (right click it and "Open in new tab").
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: l10tus » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:07 pm

Ok, poor photo! Carpets??
Philip.

UK '72 Sprint DHC

Sometimes my Lotus makes me cry.
l10tus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:34 am

Philip,

This is a photo from 1966 taken by Lotus press photographer Monitor Press. It is therefore of a factory fresh car, which we may assume to be a Series 2 Special Equipment, due to the inertia reel seat belts fitted.

It is also fair to assume that yes, it would heave been fitted with carpets as part of the SE upgrade, full details of which are in one of my other posts on this matter in this thread.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: