Information On The Chris Neale Elans Please

PostPost by: Lotuseater » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:51 pm

Hi I have seen an Elan convertible which appears to have been built from parts on a spyder chassis - apparently Chris Neale supplied them as a kit some years ago - as I would like a modern Elan (it is a Zetec & 5 speed) it would seem to fit the bill - anyone know any information - and what is it worth ?

Thanks

Mark
Lotuseater
New-tral

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:06 pm

Mark,
That is Christopher Neil, Northwich Cheshire UK. They used to make a kit which allowed you to build a "new" Elan, however, there were so many parts not included that you had to have a donor Elan to start with. They no longer make this kit.

If you want a new Elan Sprint with Zetec and all the modern stuff then contact www.spydercars.co.uk they build these to order from donor cars which either they or you supply.

Be prepared for messages from traditionalists telling you that this is not a proper Elan, etc. But it's your money, so ignore them!

Cheers,

Pete
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:32 pm

Mark,

Could not agree more with Pete. Go for it. I am thinking of building exactly what you describe as a long term project.

I asked the question a couple of weeks ago for any views on this subject, I cannot remember who said it, but the thought was that "maybe the Great Man himself would like it "

I would be interested to know how you get on.

All the best,

Doug

:rolleyes:
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Lotuseater » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:23 pm

Well I went and tried the standard one advertised on this site - I think it's cheap at ?5,500 - but it wasn't what I expected (I have a 200bhp Super Charged '91 MX5)

I tried the modified one - which has been VERY well done and is in Classic Car Mart (?6,750) and whilst better just didn't do it for me - I'm keeping the Mazda

I suggest anyone interested in the others had better move quickly as they both seem excellent value if you like Elans - I thought I would but I think I've been spoilt .

Sorry if that annoys the purists but it's horses for courses....

Mark
Lotuseater
New-tral

Total Online: