1972 Elan Plus 2 S130/4 for sale

PostPost by: sulzeruk » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi all, my Plus 2 is for sale. Car is currently off the road, was MOTed for a year 2 years ago and the front brakes started to bind on the way home from the MOT station. I took it off the road to do the brakes and it has been in the garage ever since!
Previous owner had the car for nearly 20 years, his son and him restored it and finished it about 10 years ago. Original chasis was found to be in perfect condition so was repainted and reused, no rot at all. Engine was fully rebuilt at the same time, car was re painted into Lasur Blue and still retains its original metalflake roof in perfect unfaded condition. The car was last taxed in 2001 and then stored off the road. I bought it in 2007 and recommisioned it.
Since I took it off the road, I have replaced:
All front bushes with polyurethane ones
All suspensions compnents grit blasted and painted
New wheel bearings front and rear
New track rod ends
New rack mounts (still to be fitted)
New front and rear disk
4 overhauled brake calipers and new pads including handbrake pads
Pair of new Mick Miller drive shafts
New top and bottom hose
Reconditioned radiator
New Goodridge brake hoses for front and back
Replacement filler neck with rad cap in it and temperature thermistor
New bottom ball joints
2 new Lotocones for the top strut mounts
All rear bushes changed for Polyurethane and arms blasted and painted
New brake master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder
I am sure there are other new parts, will need to dig all the receipts out.
Bodywork on the car is in reasonable condition, there are some small star cracks here and there and some minor blistering, nothing huge though and perfectly usuable as is.
The car has only covered 2,500 miles since the restoration was finished 10 years ago. The car presently needs the new radiator fitted, the pedal box refitted to the car and also the back suspension tightened up and 1 drive shaft to be fitted. A weekends work would see the car back ready for an MOT. I have an old 911 that is taking all my time and money and cannot see me getting time for the Lotus. I will also be getting rid of my storage in the next month or 2 as my house will hopefully be sold soon. Included in the sale is also 2 or 3 boxes of spares for the car, I also have parts books and manuals that will go with the sale.
I am looking for offers around ?6K for the car, I can e-mail pictures to any interested parties if you PM me your e-mail address, car is located in Bonnybridge in Scotland. I have a 2 post ramp in my unit so any inspection is welcome!
Al Cowan
sulzeruk
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: cjones60 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Al,
I have sent you a PM, regards Chris (Linlithgow area)
cjones60
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: